Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Would this load be lethal?
I dont mean to sound stupid, but I was wondering if these type of shells would be lethal?
And if so....what range would do the most damage?
What range would do the least damage?
I cut one open the other day and it had about 75 pellets in it.
I would think it would be lethal at less than 10 yards.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
In a HD situation, I would feel very well equipped running them through the shotgun. Wouldn't have to super worry about over penetration or exacting shot placement, though the pellets won't spread as much as the common misconception of shotguns implies. Open the choke up and blast away, I'm not worried about lethality of one round, cause in that situation I'm getting off more than one.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point.
The reason I asked is cause Walmart always has the 100 round packs of these on sale for like 20 bucks.
I bought two of them and have about 150 shells left. I figured they would be lethal, I just basically wanted some reassurance.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I love that little 100 round pack, I grab one just about every time I go grocery shopping. I just wish they would carry them in #9, just my preference for busting clays.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, they usually have a few different brands on sale. But I think they are all #8 shot.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
they are quite lethal on doves i know that....reminder to self, dove season opens 9-1-9! i use the 20 gauge ones and that walmart pack is great, plus they have them all year round for the same price. it is great practice ammo, then load your HD rounds when done.

·
Registered
555 Posts
On doves, quail, and clay pidgeons yes..on a person, maybe.

tgt practice and trap with them, but get buck and slugs for sd...

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Awesome, very good info there.
I guess I better just use my #8 buck for clays and targets.
Stick with double ought or triple ought buck for HD.
Thanks fellas.
that's what I do. The value pack at walmart is great for a casual day at the range or for low price hunting ammo. It's important to practice with 00 rounds if that is what you are gonna use for HD however it is expensive, about a dollar a round. But it's worth it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, the friend I bought the shotgun off gave me 18 shells of double ought and I fired off 4 of them. So I still have 14 left. I am gonna go look for some more this payday.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I shot an old metal milk box once with some #8 and it blew through both sides at 10 feet. Don't know if it'd be lethal but i'm sure they'd layoff the jihad and beg some Christian forgiveness pdq :devilsidesmile: X

·
Registered
555 Posts
I shot an old metal milk box once with some #8 and it blew through both sides at 10 feet. Don't know if it'd be lethal but i'm sure they'd layoff the jihad and beg some Christian forgiveness pdq :devilsidesmile: X
Better make sure the Haji aint wearing a jacket, shirt, and isn't hopped up on some Hash twice dipped in Turkish Blue...

WOuld I use #8 as a last resort? yeah,

But even my Super COmanche is loaded with 000 Buck...

·
Registered
8 Posts
That"s funny, I thing really funny. On the serious side no one would enjoy being shot with anything!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts