Federal Selling Ammo Direct to Consumer Online

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by Greg B., Sep 26, 2020.

1. Had anyone heard that Federal was selling ammunition direct to consumers online?

I came across a YouTube video today about it and went to their website and sure enough, they are.

The video said that they had some logistical issues and were currently showing everything as "unavailable" until they can work things out. Which is what I found.

This person had a pending order and read a letter he had received from their customer service.

Of course the 115 grain FMJ that used to be $0.18 per round is $0.40.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Selling by the Semi-load, yes, one would get a better deal, but over double??
    WOW, they really are not much on "logistics" are they? :rotfl:

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    $.40 per round is a good price by today's standards.

4. This is true. I'm wondering if this is temporary due to the upheavel in the market, or if when things return to normal (or whatever normal is) will this be the new marketing model?

histed, Think1st and undeRGRound like this.
  5. Think1st

Florida
    I'd like to see that be the case. No middleman equals lower price.

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Oh look! It's the Caliber Zone! Where this thread belongs... :stir:

7. Keep up the good work.
    I'm sure we all feel better knowing that you are on the job moving those pesky miscategorized threads.
    :clap:

undeRGRound likes this.
  8. Think1st

Florida
    HQZTKDV.gif

SWAGA likes this.
  9. histed

histed Supporting Member

I think the answer to your question lies in the election results in November. Under Harris (and yes, she will be) I doubt that we need be concerned about the price of ammo, as there will be none. With 4 more years of "the Donald" we may see things swing back.

10. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    There's a lot if overpriced ammo being stored at the Federal warehouse in Anoka MN that I drive by occasionally.

Screenshot_20200927-201403_Maps.jpg

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Nope. The cry baby rabble rousers will ratchet up their troublesome "protests" and demand will far exceed supply for the foreseeable future.

12. Rachgier

I have to find something to do in between weeding out all of the stupid bots applying to join.

Greg B. and undeRGRound like this.
  13. Fracman

Fracman Member

Is that an ammo factory to not just a warehouse?

14. Rachgier

HQ, factory, and warehouse if I recall.

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    'Ted nailed it. Cuz Trump and Co. will be set to knock some heads. The new phrase:
    "LOCK'EM UP"
    and it will happen this time, the "russian collusion" misdirection campaign was mainly to keep the Good Guys too busy and on defense so as to protect the Deep State. Now it's time to go on the offensive, and kick some ass.
    "LOCK'EM UP" Killary Included

Think1st likes this.
  16. histed

histed Supporting Member

I hope you're wrong, Cic, but I fear you're correct

Think1st likes this.
  17. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    That's just the warehouse distribution center. There are way fewer semi trailers at the factory about 3 miles south east of the facility in the picture. I've driven past the backside of the warehouse before and there were never as many locked trailers sitting there as now. The pic I posted doesn't show the true number of trucks sitting there today.

18. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    No. it's their distribution center. Factory is a large complex to the southeast.

Here's a pic of the ammo manufacturing facility. Note the powder/primer storage buildings on the right side.

The two pics are not at the same scale.

Federal Anoka.jpg

19. Rachgier

Vista Outdoors HQ (parent company) and the Federal Cartridge Company HQ are in the same facility as the distro center, according to their Hazardous Materials Disposal paperwork.

SWAGA likes this.
  20. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    And what address is on the paperwork you found?

Then a lot of my neighbors who work at the different facilities must have been lying for years.

The building in the first pic I sent originally was owned by IMI Cornelius Company. They made fountain drink dispensers. I knew people who worked there. When IMI moved, the building sat empty for a while before ATK, later Vista took it over.