Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had anyone heard that Federal was selling ammunition direct to consumers online?

I came across a YouTube video today about it and went to their website and sure enough, they are.

The video said that they had some logistical issues and were currently showing everything as "unavailable" until they can work things out. Which is what I found.

This person had a pending order and read a letter he had received from their customer service.

Of course the 115 grain FMJ that used to be $0.18 per round is $0.40.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,004 Posts
Selling by the Semi-load, yes, one would get a better deal, but over double??
WOW, they really are not much on "logistics" are they? :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
This is true. I'm wondering if this is temporary due to the upheavel in the market, or if when things return to normal (or whatever normal is) will this be the new marketing model?
I'd like to see that be the case. No middleman equals lower price.

·
Administrator
24,797 Posts
Oh look! It's the Caliber Zone! Where this thread belongs... :stir:

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
This is true. I'm wondering if this is temporary due to the upheavel in the market, or if when things return to normal (or whatever normal is) will this be the new marketing model?
I think the answer to your question lies in the election results in November. Under Harris (and yes, she will be) I doubt that we need be concerned about the price of ammo, as there will be none. With 4 more years of "the Donald" we may see things swing back.

·
Premium Member
2,121 Posts
There's a lot if overpriced ammo being stored at the Federal warehouse in Anoka MN that I drive by occasionally.

Urban design Font Residential area City Technology

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
With 4 more years of "the Donald" we may see things swing back.
Nope. The cry baby rabble rousers will ratchet up their troublesome "protests" and demand will far exceed supply for the foreseeable future.

·
Administrator
24,797 Posts
Keep up the good work.
I'm sure we all feel better knowing that you are on the job moving those pesky miscategorized threads.
:clap:
I have to find something to do in between weeding out all of the stupid bots applying to join.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,004 Posts
I think the answer to your question lies in the election results in November. Under Harris (and yes, she will be) I doubt that we need be concerned about the price of ammo, as there will be none. With 4 more years of "the Donald" we may see things swing back.
'Ted nailed it. Cuz Trump and Co. will be set to knock some heads. The new phrase:
"LOCK'EM UP"
and it will happen this time, the "russian collusion" misdirection campaign was mainly to keep the Good Guys too busy and on defense so as to protect the Deep State. Now it's time to go on the offensive, and kick some ass.
"LOCK'EM UP" Killary Included

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
Nope. The cry baby rabble rousers will ratchet up their troublesome "protests" and demand will far exceed supply for the foreseeable future.
I hope you're wrong, Cic, but I fear you're correct

Reactions: Think1st

·
Premium Member
2,121 Posts
Is that an ammo factory to not just a warehouse?
That's just the warehouse distribution center. There are way fewer semi trailers at the factory about 3 miles south east of the facility in the picture. I've driven past the backside of the warehouse before and there were never as many locked trailers sitting there as now. The pic I posted doesn't show the true number of trucks sitting there today.

·
Premium Member
2,121 Posts
HQ, factory, and warehouse if I recall.
No. it's their distribution center. Factory is a large complex to the southeast.

Here's a pic of the ammo manufacturing facility. Note the powder/primer storage buildings on the right side.

The two pics are not at the same scale.

Map Ecoregion Infrastructure Land lot Urban design

·
Administrator
24,797 Posts
No. it's their distribution center. Factory is a large complex to the southeast.

Here's a pic of the ammo manufacturing facility. Note the powder/primer storage buildings on the right side.

The two pics are not at the same scale.

View attachment 67815
Vista Outdoors HQ (parent company) and the Federal Cartridge Company HQ are in the same facility as the distro center, according to their Hazardous Materials Disposal paperwork.

Reactions: SWAGA

·
Premium Member
2,121 Posts
Vista Outdoors HQ (parent company) and the Federal Cartridge Company HQ are in the same facility as the distro center, according to their Hazardous Materials Disposal paperwork.
And what address is on the paperwork you found?

Then a lot of my neighbors who work at the different facilities must have been lying for years.

The building in the first pic I sent originally was owned by IMI Cornelius Company. They made fountain drink dispensers. I knew people who worked there. When IMI moved, the building sat empty for a while before ATK, later Vista took it over.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts