FEG PA-63 gunsmithing question.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by griff30, May 23, 2008.

1. griff30

griff30 Member

Ok been thinking of picking up an FEG in 9mm makarov for little over $100 and rally dressing it up and then I thought about a VERY nice Makarov conversion shown on this site: url]http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4110&highlight=32naa[/url]

Basically I would take a .32 ACP barrel from a donor FEG chambered in 32 cal and place it into it's big brother the 9mm Makarov FEG.

For a conversion to a wildcat pistol for under $200 total would be an awsome plinker and SD piece for the little lady.

Is it's possible?

2. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

Wouldn't you also need to bore out the throat of the barrel to accept the larger round?

3. Anything is possible provided you have the tooling to do the work and willing to accept the frustration of such a task.

4. griff30

griff30 Member

thats what a dremel, vise and steady hand are for?

5. hobo

hobo Guest

Wouldn't it be easier and MUCH cheaper, to just cut out the middle mann and purchase an F.E.G. AP to start with, then polish the frame to look like a PA-63? Other than the barrel, the mag and the frame color, the two guns are essentially the same. Are they not.

6. griff30

griff30 Member

I don't know if the FEG AP (32acp) magazine will hold a 9mm shell.