feg pa63

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by andrew241, Nov 7, 2007.

1. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    Anyone have one of these? I am thinking about getting one. I like the Maks as well but I think these are better looking guns. I have a C&R and will eventually get a couple Maks but was curious about this FEG pistol.

2. I had one and I liked it. I've been thinking about another. The trigger pull is not the greatest, but there is an easy fix- just get the spring kit from Makarov.com. Lightens the DA pull to about what the SA was before the fix.

I have read that you will want to stick to a bullet weighy of 100gr or less. Wolf is like 115gr and I guess it is hard on the frame.

3. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

I've got one its a little snapper.. Has quite a bite for a 9x18mm Pretty solid design.. I just dont like the cost of 9x18mm but its a fun little gun. FYI I believe J&G sales right now has them still on sale for $99.95 one for each hand?

4. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    I have a local shop that has one for 129, I would save the money in shipping lol.

5. J&G.com has them for $99.95 right now.I had bought 2 of them before they dry up.Very accurate,if you get the spring kits from Wolff Springs.com you can lower the D/A pull down to 16 lbs.safely from 22lb.factory.Great CCW guns,and a respectable cartridge! You can usually find Silver Bear 94 grn.HP/50ct box for $7.50 at Aimsurplus.com,but their out, if you look around you can find it for $8.00 a box elsewhere. :)This is one with a brushed chrome slide and the target is the first time I shot a PA63 at 15 yards weaver stance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Think Loopster own's a PA63. Shoot him a PM and see how he likes his.

I have shot them in the past, didnt care for the hard DA trigger, but like others have said there is a fix for that now via the spring kit. One thing to keep in mind though is you should not shoot ANY of the heavy bullets in this pistol. Heavy being anything over the standard 95gr weight. Stick with the 90, 92 and 95gr ammo and you should have no problems except for a palm sting after a box or two. :)

rimfirehunter

7. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Member

I have had a CZ-82 and a Makarov and shot the PA-63, out of the 3 you are best off with the CZ-82. The CZ may be twice the price but it is five times the gun.

8. And here I've been paying $10.99 for a box of 50 locally.... :roll: I need to get my act together.

9. CZ 82(all steel),Makarov(all steel),P64(all steel) ,PA63(steel slide/ frame-Titanium/Aluminum Alloy,lighter for CCW,anyone that actually carries knows how important weight is! (5 times the gun) is a lot exaggerated,a whole lot!! I own all 4 guns.All are fine weapons imho! :)