Felony Charge for 12-Year-Old Girl Giving Pistol Fingers in Class

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by pac7278, Oct 11, 2019.

1. This is really getting out of hand.

"A Kansas girl was arrested last month and charged with a felony for giving pistol fingers in class, local media reports.
    The girl, a student at Westridge Middle School in Overland Park, was allegedly responding to a classmate’s question on if she could kill five people in the room who would they be?

With her fingers in the shape of a gun, the 12-year-old girl pointed to several students, a source familiar with the details of the incident told the Kansas City Star.

The student was sent to the principal’s office where a student resource officer with the Overland Park Police Department suggested that she be taken into custody. The girl was then hauled out in handcuffs.

The Johnson County District Attorney’s Office charged her with felony threatening.

Court documents filed on Sept. 18, state she “unlawfully and feloniously communicated a threat to commit violence, with the intent to place another, in fear, or with the intent to cause the evacuation, lock down or disruption in regular, ongoing activities …” or created just the risk of causing such fear, reports the Kansas City Star.

A spokesperson for the Shawnee Mission School District was adamant that although the gesture might violate the school’s policy on intimidation and bullying, the decision to place the girl under arrest came from the police department, not from school nor district officials.

“I want to be very clear: The arrest of this student was wholly unrelated to any district policy. It was a municipal police department decision, and our policies don’t impact police department decisions,” said spokesperson Dave Smith in an email to KSHB.com"

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/felony-charge-for-12-year-old-girl-giving-pistol-fingers-in-class

Such bull as this is wrong. I thought schools handled discipline. that resource officer overreacted big time. And the student asking the question faced no repercussions? crazy.

edit: added link

alteredego likes this.
  2. TheLASwamp

TheLASwamp Member

This is what you get when you allow a pack of liberal tyrants to have any power or control of any kind. Petty, intrusive, authoritative bureaucrats.

RandyB, retread, uncle mark and 3 others like this.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

The arresting cop should probably be put on leave.
    However,
    Is this the whole story?
    This girl a trouble maker? 12 is old enough to kill.
    Parkland shooter was troubled since an early teen.
    So was Adam Lanza.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Wish the media had a freaking clue about WHAT we really "need" to know, to know the whole story.

1024Megabytes and Rerun like this.
  5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The report I heard claimed that when a classmate asked which 5 she would kill, she finger-gun pointed at 4 other students and then, 5th, at her own head.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. Twisty

Twisty Simple by choice Supporting Member

Would it have been ok if she had just named them?

What was the punishment for the kid who asked the question?

Rerun likes this.
  7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Free membership of the Young Demoncrats.
    Hehehehehe

yworrydog, Twisty, histed and 2 others like this.
  8. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Truly believable.

eldar

TNTRAILERTRASH and moona11 like this.
  9. histed

histed Supporting Member

What isn't believable is my favorite liberal actually busting on the Demonrats. Swag, dude, you goin' straight on us? My heart wouldn't take it, man.

yworrydog and Twisty like this.
  10. I just went to a Halloween party at my kids elementary school. In the school rules for the party there was this: No fake weapons allowed.

I decided to take a fake orange plastic dart gun and I put in my pocket. At the party I noticed some people looking at the dart gun. No one said anything to me.

11. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

"In the first place, God created idiots. That was for practice. Then He created school boards." --Mark Twain
    And by inference, school administrations of all sorts - and I've seen very little to belie this quotation in my almost 6 decades on this planet. I use this quotation a LOT.

lklawson and histed like this.
  12. histed

histed Supporting Member

You preach it, Brother Zorba. I'll turn the pages. The lone exception to this, in my experience, is my current in-house admin. My principal and VP are top notch - but they ARE mid-level and usually have their hands tied

Zorba and lklawson like this.
  13. Teach the kid to give the bird and they'll be fine.

Rerun, histed and Twisty like this.
  14. histed

histed Supporting Member

Most of the munchkins in my school already know that one