Fianlly got to play

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by pipermac, Jan 27, 2015.

1. pipermac

pipermac Member

Finally had a chance to take my 9mm out to the range on Saturday. After hiking in the snow for a while and clearing the bench, I started to play. Overall, I like the carbine. Its heavy like an AK but shoots more smooth. I DID NOT like the red dot that came with it. I lost patience with dialing it in and have switched back to the iron sights, which look pretty good. Dropped it in the snow - so what? Bounced around the Jeep - so what? I like it so far.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Damn-it-man! Will you be more careful? You're not supposed to clean it yet. 2,000 rounds then throw it in the snow, swimming pool, dishwasher, or whatever. Get it right.

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Damn it Jim I'm a doctor not a gun smith.

5. pipermac

pipermac Member

I don't know about selling the red dot. Its a BSA - about 20 bucks new. I was thinking of putting it in the " use it one day" box.

6. pipermac

pipermac Member

I guess I should have read the manual where it says to wait until 2000 rounds before throwing it in the snow and such. My bad. By the time I get 2000 through it the mud will be out so..........

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Mud will polish the feed ramp.

8. pipermac

pipermac Member

I like your thinking.:D

9. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Glad you enjoyed your latest trip to the range. Just remember, pics or it didn't happen....