Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope is not a re-post, I searched here but didn't see if anyone posted it before.

Someone made a video on how to make a removable pin for a Hi Point. I'm curious about everyone's thoughts.

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
I guess if you make sure it clears the slide and won’t slip out, it would be OK.

I don’t see the point. I never take the HPs apart except at a bench.

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
It's a pretty neat idea, but I'm with @Rachgier and @FlashBang with regards to a screw and removing metal from the slide. Of course, that idea of a bent pin might work if the external piece of the pin were flattened enough to keep it from rubbing the inside of the slide, along with a minor bit of recession of the frame, itself--and I mean minor--just enough to keep it from spinning around.

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
78 Posts
I don't see either being critical, but would it matter if material were removed from the frame or slide? Thinkfirst is on the right track with a flat pin (external handle) and a notch in the frame. Then again, these things are so reliable why would I need to field strip it? I can wait until I'm at a bench to detail clean.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
I guess if you make sure it clears the slide and won’t slip out, it would be OK.

I don’t see the point. I never take the HPs apart except at a bench.
The video is interesting, but going and messing around with something like that? No thanks. Cleaning these things is a piece of cake, and the only time I would drive the pin out to totally field strip it, is after at least a thousand rounds.

The video was interesting though...thanks for sharing OP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts