Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found those pictures of my black bear that I shot with my .40 caliber S&W Hi-Point carbine in the spring of 2007. This puppy took me 12 hours of work to haul out by myself over half-a-mile back to my truck through steep craggs and dense forest on the Kenai Peninsula. One of the best trips of my life, though, despite the hard work. I shot this sow at eight yards from a tree stand, and I continued firing (more do to adrenaline then to a need to keep firing to bring down the bear...she would have died were she fell after the first two shots, but, eh, I guess I'll just have to sew up the seven-eight bullet holes in the hide... :embarrassed2:) to ensure she wouldn't get up and run. I had that happen with my first black bear, and I swore I wouldn't let it happen again. She was about 5 feet 3 inches long from the tip of her nose to her tail. She was quite tasty (my family made sausage and burger from the meat...mmm... :D), and I still need to get around to tanning the hide, amongst the other hundred things I need to do. Someday, I'd like to take my 4095 carbine and see if I can get a brown bear with it... :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile: :D

...just kidding...or am I? MUHAHAHA... :devilsidesmile:

...actually, I might just do that...perhaps I should change my forum name to "Crazy Alaskan Hunter with Hi-Point"... :D

...Well, to all those naysayers out there against Hi-Point firearms, here's some proof that they are truly awesome guns at an incredible value. Without further ado, here's the sow that proved the point:

Thanks for viewing, folks, and I'll see you guys later!

Cheers!

Jag 8)

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you shot it with a high point then make sure you send it in to hi-point firearms .. They might put it on there website with the other trophy pictures .. :D

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
... Someday, I'd like to take my 4095 carbine and see if I can get a brown bear with it... :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile: :D

...just kidding...or am I? MUHAHAHA... :devilsidesmile:

...actually, I might just do that...perhaps I should change my forum name to "Crazy Alaskan Hunter with Hi-Point"... :D
+1 on the name change!

Just kidding! Nice job there! You've got more testicular fortitude than I. :embarrassed2:

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Dude, I can't wait to get there!!!!!!!

Oh, and the myth I am going to bust is if a Mosin Nagant can bring down a bear, but I am going to do it on a Grizzly just to piss off those nay sayers who have no idea of the truth.

Oh, but I'm gonna get mine on video.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, Primal...can I be the backup shooter with my Nagant? Pretty please???

:D

Hmm...I wonder how a ten-foot grizzly would like on your wall...

:devilsidesmile:

Gotta dash, be back soon...

Jag 8)

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Honestly, if I get a grizzly, I'm gonna make a rug out of his arse. One thing the wife has always wanted for me to do as a hunter is get her a bear skin rug for in front of the fireplace. Can we say "brown chicken brown cow"... ;)

Oh yeah baby, it's gonna happen.

Oh, and I will probably not need a back up shooter, but having someone have my back is ALWAYS a must when you're going up against an animal that would rather chew on your head than look at you. So, that's a yes for you as a back up. Just remember, shot placement is key!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts