Finally found an STG-2000C!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by badman400, Apr 22, 2008.

1. badman400

badman400 Member

SC
    Been trying to run one of these rifles down for several weeks now. By the time I got the funds together everyone was sold out. An article in Guns & Ammo magazine is probably partly to blame for them being so scarce. I'd just about given up hopes of finding one and happened on it by accident a few days ago as I was shopping for powder and primers at Garner's gun shop in Liberty, SC.

It's an AK-47 variant STG-2000C Wieger clone done by Inter Ordnance out of Monroe, NC. IO imports the RomAK and replaces the wood furniture with a lightweight plastic stock, handguard set, pistol grip and a Tapco G2 trigger group. They add a new chrome lined barrel, a front sight and a A2 birdcage FH to make the conversion complete. What they end up with is a very light stick that shoots pretty accurately for an AK.

I took it out for a few rounds that day. I used the IO 30 round magazine and a Bulgarian polymer 40 rounder. Through 70 rounds the rifle worked flawlessly! But then it is an AK. I love the way it shoulders and handles. It was comfortable to shoot and quick to get back on target during fast fire. :cool:

Here are a few pics.

Right-40 rd Bulgarian mag:
    [​IMG]
    Left-40 rd Bulgarian mag:
    [​IMG]
    Me trying it out for the first time:
    [​IMG]
    A cousin giving it a whirl:
    [​IMG]
    Looking down the sights:
    [​IMG]

2. Nice looking weapon! Good things come to those who wait. :wink:

3. uncle jerky

uncle jerky Well-Known Member

Wicked AK,Badman.Nice P3AT in your right front pocket too :)

4. Cool!

Looks like a converted Saiga with a club foot stock.

Nifty.

5. Cool gun! Looks like you had a lotta fun with it.

6. will it take standard ak mags or are they made for that one only?

either way, congrats!!!

7. badman400

badman400 Member

SC
    Thanks everyone!

TJ, IO recommends using the supplied mag, but I've found that so far the other AK mags work just fine as well. 8)

8. badman400

badman400 Member

SC
    Nice of you to notice UJ... :lol:

9. I did some research on this gun since it has a nifty appeal to me.

It is your basic Romanian WASR (made in Romania) with all the updated parts as you mentioned however IO doesn't change out the barrels, the barrels come from Romania chome lined and in great shape.

The other thing I found out about them is that they rely on the use of the plastic USA made Promag magazine to help with parts counts. I don't think that the furniture is US made so the 3 US made parts of the magazine help with the parts count.

I may be wrong about this but thats what I found looking up this gun. I would not mind converting one of my Romy kits to look like one of these STG guns, they are quite cool looking.