Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nice!!!..it'd be nice to pick one, or a few, up.
(On a side note..I heard that all the Mausers that are to be had are now in the US...any word about that Krippp?)

·
Banned
296 Posts
cmp has had m1's for ever,,but now maybe the price will go down to some reasonable level,,my neightbor has one,i've fired a few clips thru it,,now maybe i can get one of my own!

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Thant's great news. Maybe Garand will finally end up in my collection.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I would really like to pick up an M1 carbine for under $275.00 in good shape!

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Trying to figure is that Ministry quoted price what they're getting on their end? If so what is the normal mark up for import distributors?

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys, don't let this pricing fool you, after spending the day meeting with an official from the Serbian Govt. and also a buyer from I.O. Inc.(one of the 3 major arms importers in the US), you can expect to pay around the $600 mark for the really crappy ones and up to $1100 for the good ones that never saw the light of day over there. Those prices were what I was hearing for the Garands, the M1 Carbines are supposedly in superb shape for the most part and the high end examples might reach the $1200 mark with lowball versions around $600 also.

As far as there being no more Mausers that haven't been imported yet, well don't believe that for a minute. I was told by the buyer today that they were in negotiations to bring over 35,000 from Serbia alone. There are confirmed, around a million, Mausers still in depots and warehouses throughout Russia and former Communists States in Eastern Europe, doesn't mean we will ever see them but we can always hope.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Oh fudge, at those prices I would still have to sell off most of my collection to come up with the cash to purchase one decent Garand. :'(

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
That's kind of what I was thinking about pricing...I'd have to double check but I thought I've seen them recently for 800 -1000.

·
Premium Member
36,075 Posts
Well, since they ARE the "same" gun, shouldn't they be the same price? If I were selling them, I'd be asking the going price too...maybe a little more, as they are essentially "new" compared to some of the others out there.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Well yes and no on the "same gun, same price" thing , yours and the market now is based on the available supply of weapons currently, if these are all released on the market it should bring a price drop not stay at current levels. If the price stays where it is now and thats what the koreans are getting on their end, it seems to me like the importer/distributor is making a healthy 200 to 400 % profit, now I realize they have import fees and a whole rash of other costs but still thats quite a mark-up which skirts "obscene oil company profits" :D

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Well since I'm looking for a shooter and not a collector, maybe some of the ones already in the states will go down in price a little?? Probably not tho!

·
Registered
103 Posts
im going to the cmp store to pick up an m1 garrand in a few weeks, i want to shoot it in the nationals next year. i think they are around 700 for a good one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.