finally got my 995ts in, having a problem with the magazine

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by dxr, Feb 18, 2016.

1. dxr

dxr Member

got my 995ts in yesterday, went to load up the magazine today and after 3 or 4 rounds, they stop loading in properly, and the stack 'tilts' forward, causing the bullets under the top one to have a gap under the nose. ive dissasembled and reassembled the magazine, and i dont see anything obvious that would cause it to do that. but it wont feed properly. any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. MarkWS

MarkWS Member

Caution. Don't try to cycle thru. Firing pin may set off rounds.
    Don't quite see what your saying. Rounds should be nose up. Give the mag a good tap on the back/bottom.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

Fill it up with all 10 rounds, smack the back of the mag on your hand to settle the rounds, and take it to the range and shoot them up.

It will work.:)

If it DOESN'T work fine...try fewer rounds, until things break in.

9mm always have a gap, they are tapered rounds.;)

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    +1 Al ;) :D :cool:

5. dxr

dxr Member

its a crappy photo. but basically, after i put more than 3 or 4rounds in the magazine, the rounds all start to lean forward. so the round on the top of the stack has a gap under it because the rounds below are tilted forward

6. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Unfortunately you found the weakest and most frustrating part of the HP9, it's famously crappy magazines. The follower might be bent on your magazine allowing it to tilt forward. Take it apart, check it, and straighten it if you have to. You might as well polish the edges while you have it apart. You are also going to want more than one mag.
    Some people like pro mag. :blush:

7. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

DO NOT USE PRO MAGS! Hi Point will not honor the warranty if pro mags are used in the c9!

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Get me a switch! :mad:

Loading the HiPoint mags requires 2 thumbs.

1. Load the round with your dominant thumb.

2. Push the back side down with the other thumb.

Whack the mag to the rear every once in a while.

Do this every round. They will all go nose up! I am not sure how the factory HiPoint "speed loaders" work. They might cure that.

The problem isn't the mag. It's the way you are loading it. ;)

9. Tap the back of the mag on the palm of your hand after loading. The rounds will line up. Then go shoot it. And order more mags. 10 rounds go pretty quick in mine :)

10. ace

ace Member

Dxr are the rounds factory or reloads? If they are reloads I would say bullets not set deep enough.

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

That will seat the boolits to the rear. It will do nothing for the nose down syndrome.

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    You Two need to keep these shpankings behind closed doors! :eek:

[​IMG]

:nahnah: :rofl:

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    There IS no nose down syndrome once you tap them.;)

And most importantly....he HAS no nose down syndrome, he is just seeing gaps between the rounds, exactly like one would with ANY single stack 9 mm magazine, due to the tapered rounds.

Happens in double stacks too, but as they are staggered, it isn't as obvious.

Seriously...dxr...JUST GO SHOOT THEM!!!!
    They'll work.

14. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

The original post was for a problem with the owners magazine for a 995 TS, not a C9!
    The paperwork notation that comes with the 995 TS restricting the use of a Pro Mag magazine specifically mentions the high-capacity Pro Mag magazine, and then only for the 995 and the 995 TS. There is no written restriction mentioned about use of a standard 10 round Pro Mag magazine, only the hi capacity magazine!!

Attached Files:

15. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

^^^Oops! My bad! :blush:

16. dxr

dxr Member

heres a different shot, when the mags fully loaded, theres a huge gap under the top round.

Attached Files:

17. Very true...
    That is, until you get the HANDWRITTEN warning on a work order: "Do not use Promags they will void your warranty" (capacity is unspecified). BTW, that's Hi-Point's highlighting, not mine.
    Result: I won't use Promags in any of my Hi-Points. Call me a wuss, call me overly cautious, but simply put, I do not want to jeopardize my warranty in any way. Staying away from Promags seems like a small price to pay.

Attached Files:

18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yep...smack it, load it, shoot it, and tell us how it went.

Really. Quit thinking, and go shoot it.:cool:

19. Earnshaw

Earnshaw Member

Agreed. OP, I too think you are worrying about what in high likelihood is a non issue. Many of the issues folks have with HP guns are from trying to adjust the guns having never fired them.

20. undeRGRound

INDY
    Made it a little easier to read, ADAM-O! :D

Attached Files: