FINALLY got my trigger

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Vermonter, May 18, 2020.

1. Vermonter

Vermonter Name of Dan... Supporting Member

The vendor shipped this the same day I ordered it, gave me a tracking number, and said thanks for your order. Awesome. I then watched as this tiny envelope was winding its way around the USA, staying for a week in one facility, hitting a couple others, staying another week in a different facility, finally jumping back and forth between the VT and NH border twice (!!!) before being delivered today. It took the US Mail twenty days to move this thing halfway across the country. Unbelievable. But, I got it.
    I wish I had time to install today but no way. Going to follow Swags advice and polish the contact points on the trigger linkage while I’m in there. He said it helped a lot, and I also saw some videos of before/after trigger pulls where polishing the linkage and greasing it up took it from over 6# pull to just over 4# without screwing with the sear spring. I saw a very good YouBoob video (for every thousand videos out there you find one from someone with skills and a brain) from some Scandinavian gunsmith who fine tuned his and it was impressive to watch. The video was for a pistol, not carbine, but the linkage is the same. He did some nice work. I ain’t milling no slides, but the other work he did was good. It’s here if you’d like to watch it, not that some haven’t probably seen it already.

Maybe I’ll post some pix of the process when I do it. Looking forward to it, maybe tomorrow I’ll have time.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Watch it? We invented it.

That trigger? Look like the one connected to the keychain in my avitar? Wonder if Joey sold the plans or just got ripped off?

3. Vermonter

They looked similar to me, too. It was a ThingMeister trigger. I think he’s somehow affiliated with JSArmsco. Speaking of which, have you seen the video of the guy with the C9 who put in his sear spring? He did drop tests (unloaded of course) and it “fired” about four times out of six drops from less than two feet. If I ever doubted putting one of those in I don’t now. No way.

SWAGA likes this.
  4. Got a link to that?

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    What? Weak sear springs lead to unsafe guns?
    No way!

fatal-bert33 and SWAGA like this.
  6. Found the video of the guy with the C9 who put in the JSArmsco sear spring. He did drop tests (unloaded of course) (onto a carpeted floor, no less) and it released the sear when dropped from less than two feet. Here's the link: https://www.bitchute.com/video/kIMxvNX0Jig/

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  7. Vermonter

Over and over it happened. If I had a C9 I’d try the same thing with an MCARBO spring. Imagine this: if a round was chambered, a full mag was inserted, and it was dropped and it discharged then went full auto. Talk about some scary shit...

SWAGA likes this.
  8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    And yet when we warn people, they act like we insulted them.
    Of course, sometimes we do.
    But it’s for their own good!:p

Shopfox, SWAGA, lklawson and 2 others like this.
  9. cicpup

Vermont
    You mean the same scary shit we tried to warn you about? What the fuck do we know? Right?

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    That's more like the cic-pup we all know ;)

Vermonter likes this.
  11. Don't worry, I've never felt insulted. Like I always say, "I've been called worse by better people." But I don't think I've ever run afoul of Ajole either.

undeRGRound and fatal-bert33 like this.
  12. Vermonter

Well, I did take your advice after all... But that never means I won’t question everything, always.

adam01364, SWAGA and ajole like this.
  13. cicpup

Vermont
    Oh BTW, when it gets weak enough to go full auto you don't need to drop it. Simply placing it on a table with less care than you would with old dynamite is enough to set it off. But what do I know? Better check youtube.

retread and fatal-bert33 like this.
  14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Your trigger was not as bad as my carbine stock I got from Utah and @1024Megabytes... Moleville is in Indiana, the stock went from Utah to Maryland, chilled there for a WHOLE WEEK, came back to Indianapolis, then I got excited... so then it goes to Champaign Illinois, for 2-3 days then to Moleville. All our mail used to go through INDY, which has a major postal hub. So does Terre Haute, BTW. Took 2 weeks total. And those idiots want another BAILOUT??? No Friggin' Way!

15. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

As a new convert maybe you can help us with the next guy that tells us he bought a spring in 3....2....1

Shopfox and Vermonter like this.
  16. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

The mail from Bismarck goes through our town to Fargo then back here. The logic escapes me. The hauler is a buddy of mine he's taken his own packages back and forth twice before and not be able to just take it.

undeRGRound likes this.
  17. Oh I remember undeRGRound. Shipped a Hi-Point stock to you and some incompetent person at the United States Postal Service thought it was a completed gun so they held it for a while. They finally found out it would be not possible to load ammunition into an empty polymer stock without any completed firearm components and shoot it.

undeRGRound and Shopfox like this.
  18. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Youse guys are so unfair.

Name another organization that can deliver 154+ Billion pieces of mail a year WITH another 6.2 Billion Packages a year to every address in the United States in its entirety using only 496,000 employees.

I figure the USPS does it better than anyone else could.

eldar

Nickn10 and Vermonter like this.
  19. Vermonter

Yes, I agree, but it’s not likely to stop my whining about it. For the record, I view the USPS as probably the most necessary and essential part of our infrastructure. They must under no conditions be allowed to fail. Trumps been slinging so much shit at them it makes me cringe. All because Jeff Bezos (who called Trump a moron, and who Trump hates) struck a deal to deliver Amazon packages on Sunday and threw massive revenue at the USPS when they needed it most. I say, good for them. Our delays recently are because they’re slammed with packages due to people being at home. My postal carrier says it’s worse that their Christmas rush and it just isn’t slowing down yet.
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I have two more orders of tacti-crap for my rifles coming and there is a shipping exception (delayed in transit) on both of them. I do have faith that I will receive them someday.

Rerun likes this.
  20. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I'm really curious. Why do you think that? I have zero use for them, other than sending a physical card to my mom for Mothers day or Christmas. All of my recurring bills are electronic, all of my payments are as well. 98% of what I get in the USPS is trash. The other 2% is places that can't manage to do electronic, like our stupid hospital and clinic system, or cards for traditional things like with my Mom. Make that 97% and 3%, some E-Bay folks use USPS pretty well.

I get the idea that in the historical sense, they were absolutely required.

But I'm not seeing that now. I mean...they are actually just a contractor, they aren't government. Why not award that contract to UPS or FedEx, on a bid system, with severe penalties for failure? Or whoever can run a nation wide delivery system? Or maybe award parts of the system as separate chunks? They all cooperate now, it's not like the systems don't interface. Most of the time. I mean obviously, sometimes crap gets sent to odd places for no good reason, probably due to how each system sorts and groups things for further sorting.