Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got to fire this C9 I purchased 6 months ago. I know, there is absolutely no excuse for letting this baby sit for so long.

Here is my experience:

Freakin' awesome!

(Expanded) Before today I've fired less than 100 rds. I've shot two CZs that belonged to friends and a Glock in the NRA First steps class. Today I put 25 rds of Independence ammo (that what it says on the box but the case is stamped Blazer) and 25 rds of Blazer through it. Didn't have any problems with ftf or jamming. I have had my mag sitting for 6 months with 7 rds in it but I haven't buffed the feed ramp.

The only "problem" I noticed is that when i had 5 rds in the mag it wouldn't lock back after firing the last one. When I had 7 or 8 in the mag is locked back fine and when I put 2 in the mag it also locked back. Is this a problem?

As far as this novice was concerned I couldn't tell a difference between the C9 and CZs and Glock I fired. I did also put 5 rds through a small Makarov and that thing was just painful to shoot. I seem to have shot equally as well with the C9 as I did the others. Speaking of shots - 99% of my shots were below the center line. Most of them were in the second and third ring, just low, and the 2nd 25 moved more into the second ring. For the first 25 I used a Weaver stance and the 2nd 25 I used an isosceles stance.

Any comments? I assume I just need to get out there and put some rounds through it. At this point I can only assume it's my inexperience that makes the shots low. I don't really know the first thing about sighting in a handgun so would it be useful to get someone who has more experience to fire some rounds through it at some point?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Leave your mags fully loaded, and with more rounds that spring will losen up a bit. i wouldn't worry about the last round, untill you get more lead downrange.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Speaking of shots - 99% of my shots were below the center line. Most of them were in the second and third ring, just low, and the 2nd 25 moved more into the second ring. For the first 25 I used a Weaver stance and the 2nd 25 I used an isosceles stance.

I think you were seeing the difference between brands of ammo. rather then stance.

Very good first time with the pistol. Remember High-Points need to be exercised regularly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, not very scientific switching both ammo _and_ stance. i think i will just stick with one brand of ammo and see how things go. i am sure i will run into an "expert" one of these times at the range and i can get them to fire off a few and see where they go.

i really was very pleased. i am trying to maintain some self-control and not run over there every afternoon.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
i would have paid to see your face after the first shot was fired

i'm sure it looked something like this > :yay!: and then :embarrassed2:

hehehe, good thing you like your new pistol.

be safe.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sent about 70 more rounds downrange today. I shot 3 types of ammo today, Independence, Blazer Brass and Blazer. It failed to lock back twice out of 8 times - both times with the Independence ammo.

Still shooting low so I hope to have someone watch me some time to see if they can spot what I am doing wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.