Finally got to the range again.

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by bluharley, Apr 2, 2015.

1. bluharley

bluharley Member

My main purpose was to shoot my Kahr, it's my EDC. But I did shoot my JCP, 60 rnds. It was flawless! First time for the JCP, always had FTE's. Not one failure today, either my CM40 or the JCP. I just wish I could shoot more. After the first couple mags, my right hand gets Parkinsons and I have to shoot with my left. Not a bad thing, I can shoot just as good(or bad) with my left as my right. But after 100 rnds, even my left got a little shaky. But it was a great 45 minutes of my day!

2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Think of it as shot dispersion not Parkinson's.

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

That will work, I can get 3 bad guys, a crow, and a rat with one mag!

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Have you tried Requip?

5. bluharley

bluharley Member

I was joking...I think. I don't think I have Parkinson's, my hand gets tired fast and when I pull up to aim, I can't stop the shaking. It's probably not something to joke about. :eek:

6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It sounds like you might just need to shoot more and maybe wear some thin leather gloves. That shaking sometimes comes from a combination of over-anticipation of recoil from a really snappy gun and the fatigue associated with controlling it.

Dryfire those pistols a lot, just to build muscle memory with them, and then wear the gloves to help stabilize your grip and absorb some of the recoil.

Also, if you don't double plug your ears with plugs and mutts, both, doing so further attenuates the noise of the muzzle blast from those small pistols.

7. bluharley

bluharley Member

Good advice, thanks. The dry firing is good, the sound, I like the bang! Growing up, plugging your ears and and using ear muffs were for pu$$....you know... I have one of those grip exercise things, I ought to use it.

8. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

You might have non liner tremors the med works with it also. Just in case ;-)

9. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    What range do you use?

10. bluharley

bluharley Member

Florida Firearms Academy (FFA), there is one in New Port Richey and one in Tampa (Oldsmar). I've shot at the one in New Port Richey 3 times and only used the gunsmith in Oldsmar. Next time I'll go to Oldsmar to shoot.

11. Think1st

Florida
    Have you ever used Shooters World in Tampa? It's on Fletcher. They have an awesome range.

12. bluharley

bluharley Member

No, I don't even know where Fletcher is! I'm in Palm Harbor, and I don't stray far from home.

13. Think1st

Florida
    It's right off I-275. I forget which exit, off the top of my head. Coming from south Tampa, it's not far from the Busch Gardens exit.

14. bluharley

bluharley Member

Strange lands to me:rolleyes:

15. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I have been to the oldsmar location. Haven't tried the NPR one yet. Oldsmar allows bump stock use, not sure about the NPR One. Looking forward to the new one being built in tarpon.
    I have seen ads for shooters world, but never tried then yet either.
    Are you still riding?

16. Think1st

Florida
    Where is the Olsmar location? Is it an outdoor range? Does it require a membership? What are the hourly rates? It might be worth checking out when I get back to Tampa.

17. bluharley

bluharley Member

I heard they broke ground for the new one in Tarpon, but I don't see it. I'm not sure where it's supposed to be, somewhere on 19.
    Yea, I'm riding, hurts like hell. I have my bike for sale, it will be a sad day when it leaves home. Spent a lot of time in the seat, but my arthritic hips make getting on an off a painful experience. If I could just sit and go 50mph without stopping I'd be happy. I've asked my doc for a new hip:D

18. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    It's not far from the flea market. It is indoor and has a all day price. For a veteran I was like $10. Who can shoot all day anyway? No membership needed.

19. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I don't remember exactly where, but it is on the west side of 19 South of Tarpon Ave.

20. bluharley

bluharley Member

Right where Tampa Rd turns into Hillsborough. It's back off the north side of the road. Not easy to find.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015