Finally got to the range.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Daveg01, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Daveg01

Daveg01 Member

It's been almost 2 months since I got all the updated parts and mags from mom. Got everything together but had to wait to get to the range. Anyway the adjusted mags and repolished ramp did the trick. One stove pipe out of over 60 rounds put through it. Just have to slap them mags against your palm to seat the cartridges. Did all shots at 10 yards. Standing two handed semi rapid fire. It's accurate enough that I know what I aim at I'll hit and now I do trust the gun if I really need it to save my ass.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Good to hear another success story.:)

3. ChildeRoland

ChildeRoland Member

1 stovepipe out of 60 rounds fired off doesn't sound very good at all. I've put 2000+ through my c9, maybe more, and I've only had one stove pipe the entire time. Sure depending on ammo I'll have some nosedives when trying to charge a fresh mag, but that's it, and that is almost always due to WWB or Tula. UMC & American Eagle feed and fire like butter.

Is it just me? I just wouldn't feel safe if I had a stove pipe every 60 rounds. I know he'll do some more testing and tweaking obviously. I'd be interested to here how your next 200 rounds go.

4. Daveg01

Daveg01 Member

Thanks for the feed back. Understand about only 60 rounds. But considering it use to jam and stove pipe 2 or 3 times in an 8 shot clip this is fantastic. I too am interested in the next 200 rounds that go through it. Just ordered 500 more rounds. So next time out it's going to get a couple hundred or so put through it. Again thanks all you guys for all the info to get this thing straightened out...

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have owned maybe 90 different guns in the past 45 years. I don't think I have shot more than 500 rds through any single one of those 80 guns? I am sure I have NOT fired any gun that did not have at least 1 or 2 FTE's or FTF's.
    Where do you guy's find these PERFECT guns? I want at least one of them!

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I have 2 50's era Mossberg bolt action shotguns and a Springfield 1911 A-1 that have never failed me. Everything else has had an issue or three.

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Even my 4595 had 2 failures to feed on the first mag I ran through it. All the other mags worked fine so I just let the bad one sit loaded for a couple weeks and I haven't had a problem with it since.:)