Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, if you remember me searching for inexpensive revolver for quite some time now. Well, the search ended after being side track on Glock 23, HK usp, I finally get my hand on a S&W K38 Target Masterpiece (pre-14). I got it on a great deal and other than some honest holster wear, the gun function perfectly and lock tight aim right everything.

with Original Grip I order from ebay. $10, used was a understatement but I found the vintage look go well on my vintage gun.

Target Grip that come with the deal.

Now I need to find a rubber grip for comfort range shooting.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, with my budget I was looking something like a used charter arms or used Taurus/Rossi. But I end up with a S&W Target pistol and I can't be happier.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Those are some of the best shooting 38 specials around. The only revolver I've fired that tops it is a Colt Diamondback in 38.

Ron M.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Very nice-- are you going to keep it as is (besides grips) or are yougoing to re-blue/nickle/etc it? I saw a pistol at GM that was melonite(?) coated- -looked like black mirror polished chrome type stuff--- very nice--

Whatever though, your got a nice one there-- congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice-- are you going to keep it as is (besides grips) or are yougoing to re-blue/nickle/etc it? I saw a pistol at GM that was melonite(?) coated- -looked like black mirror polished chrome type stuff--- very nice--

Whatever though, your got a nice one there-- congrats!!!
At first I thought I was getting a beater gun. Which make no sense to rebule it ( I don't like the nickle plate finishing). But now I'm really consider sent it back to s&w to glass bead reblue the gun. If I did that, I'll need to find another beater revolver though.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks very similar to my S&W Patrolman K-Frame. These are the Pachmayar grips I just installed on it. The grips I took off look a lot like the ones you just put on.

I was thinking about Hogue grip like their modern revolver come with. I some time rent a 686 and really like the feel of rubber grip, but hates its look. I need to decide for either the look or the comfort of shooting.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
nice one, oldnoob. Can't remember, but it it has the hole for lanyard ring you might wanna add it. I wouldn't bother getting it reblued. Think how long it took that holster wear to get there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.