Finally shot my C9!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Reviews & Range Reports' started by paulky_2000, Aug 9, 2015.

1. paulky_2000

paulky_2000 Member

Rang some 10" steel yesterday at 10yds. 150 rounds of reloaded 124 grain RNL.

Had two FTF......but they both came from the same magazine. (I have 3)

Pistol shot well.....recoil was on par with most 9mm I've shot. I probably need to sight it in from a bench.....but it's not out much, if any!

One gripe.....the dual striker spring setup is "crunchy" right before the firing pin locks up. It sounds like the two springs don't play well together. (I'm going to explore other options for the spring.....perhaps a heavier single spring)

Overall....I am a happy camper!

I'll post pics and more details later!!!

2. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Say you iz in "Vette City?"

3. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

The "crunchieness" might be from debris too. Sometimes, reloaded ammo is a wee dirtier than factory and some of the carbon will get into the firing pin channel. Spray it out with WD-40 or a similar spray oil, might help. I prefer the single spring over a dual spring as well.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  4. paulky_2000

paulky_2000 Member

Yes indeed!!!

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

The "crunch" is rather common. It does ease with use.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

I have contemplated jumping off at Exit 22 and seeing if there is any .22lr to plunder at GM, and Cabela's. Just don't know if I can find a place to park a 65' long rig. M-F I roll through there on my way to Hebron.

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

If you're in Hebron you should go the 30 extra minutes to Blythe's in Valpo they always have it in stock, as does my local shop in LaPorte but that's about an hour from hebron.

8. paulky_2000

paulky_2000 Member

So....you get what I'm saying. It sounds like the smaller spring is buckling inside the larger one....and the whole mass is trying to compress....

Sounds like my kids (back in the day) scraping a fork across a ceramic plate!

Don't bother. The neck-beards scoop it up daily right as it hits the floor.

Good thing I don't need any...

I bet they'd swallow their tongues if I were to try and sell to them my 14K rounds at the price that they re-sell it for.....:p

9. TNTRAILERTRASH

I am tracked via satellite and don't hit Hebron 'til 10-11pm Eastern. Run out of route=out of job.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

Durned nefarious Mennonite rimfire scalper gangs! The most evil of the order! :mad:

11. talon

talon the banned wagon

Yep its dry, sharp edged metal on dry, sharp edged metal. Until the edged wear and it smooths out you'll get the "crunch". Its not hurting anything though.

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Don't do this use anything else gun oil, motor oil 3and 1 whatever

13. histed

histed Supporting Member

Learn me sumpthin, mOOnz - why no WD-40? I use 3-in-1 mostly, but why you say don't us wd?

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

histed met WD-40 in a gun, WD40 met histed. It leaves a film behind that gums up real nice. Just add heat carbon and dirt and it works great. JK

Attached Files:

15. histed

histed Supporting Member

Learn sumthin new every day. I thank you, my guns thank you and maybe (God forbid) my life thanks you. Looks like a good way to make a pistol non-functional at exactly the wrong time.