Finally shot the Enfield... What a Blast!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Dagwood, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

This thing is like shooting a .22 pistol!

I finally got a box of ammo for the Enfield no 2 Mk 1. .38 s&w is hard to find, and it was $28.00 a box of 50.
    This old girl is sooo much fun!! She is DAO. She doesn't have a hammer, but the trigger pull is surprisingly easy. Almost no felt recoil makes follow up shots right on point.
    Swagz, if you get another chance to pick one of these up you won't be disappointed.
    I also picked up a box of .32 s&w for my other wheel gun and took her with. She is single action only. I have to pull the hammer back every shot. I don't know if she is supposed to be that way, but hey she's 100 yrs old. She gets what she wants.
    These old wheel guns are Fun fun fun! And you don't have to go chasing the spent casings. Gotta love em. I didn't take any new pictures today, but here they are again just in case you missed them on my other post.

Attached Files:

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Very nice!

Glad it works right!

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Unless they drop the price $100 it ain't gonna happen....

4. Revolvers rule!

The Smith and Wesson should be double action by the way. Is it a model 10?

5. Dagwood

It's a model 1903. Maybe I'll have it checked out by a smith. It works great in single action though. It does perforate some of the primers though. So does my Iver .32 short. That's another one that ammo is scarce.

6. Dagwood

Actually, the s&w doesn't have a model #. It's called the 1903 because that is the last patent date, but it is known as the .32 hand ejector.

7. I have a Colt Police Positive in .32-20 (32WCF) so I know the pain of having a gun that fires a scarce round. But I find that's the beauty in old revolvers.

8. Dagwood

I'm saving brass. Now I just need to start reloading. That will be the next hobby. I need to just bite the bullet and start buying all the equipment. (pun intended)