Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im out here in Lubbock, TX and I cant seem to find a place to buy one of these gems. Gander Mountain, Academy, and one of the local shops dont carry Hi-Points bc they say they are terrible guns. However, I have read alot of reviews and if I can find one Ill take it.

If anyone has one for sale, or knows how to help me get one please let me know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
C9 Comps are rare these days. If you can find one snag it up and don't think twice if the price is right. Even if it has a few issues that you can't fix, send it back to HP and they'll fix it up right for ya.

The C9 comps were getting rare even long before I bought my C9 last year. I asked for one and the guy at my LGS said they haven't seen one for at least 6 months, and this was around this time last year.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
good luck Try gun broker. most people who have them around here, hang on to em.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Twice the price is not right but look to pay at least $200. I would not sell mine for under $250.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how does the buying online process work? cause No one in lubbock even has these guns. none of them.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
You find one for sale, pay with your CC, then you will have to have a local FFL near you fax or mail his FFL license to the dealer you purchased from, when the dealer you purchased from receives your FFL paperwork he will ship to your FFL and you will then have to go fill out the 4473 form and get a NICS check, then you take your gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i guess i need to talk to the dealer first before i purchase the gun? and is there a fee involved? if so what is a fair fee?

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Usually, you can buy the gun then call your local FFL, you don't need to notify him first but you can. Try searching here to find the cheapest transfer in your area, I've got a local FFL that does transfers for $10. The most common fee is between $20 and $30.

http://gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

http://gunbroker.com/User/FFLByProximity.asp

Rick Boggs
R & B Guns
1401 W 26th
Plainview, TX 79072-2125
email: Click here to email me
phone: 806-293-2446

Hours: 6:00pm - 9:00pm Mon-Fri
Transfer fee: $10.00

Steven M. Anderson
Prairie Wolf Industries