Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am sure there are better ones out there, but heck, this is the one I did, so I thought I would share a photo. This started out as a $125 Beater gun, no idea of how many previous users, but it was rough. Sent it back to the mother ship for review/repair and then started to modify. I want to thank all those who put up photos of their modifications as I used lots of others' ideas. Also the step-by-step photos of the ATI conversion was essential to a good fast installation. If anyone is interested, the silver heat shield I made from a piece I cut-off the barrel of my 20 gauge shotgun, drilled and tapped for 6 Allen centering screws, and then drilled & chamfered 10 holes for heat release. Wire-brushed all the original Parkerized finish off and finish polished on my wheel with hi-gloss compound. Some of the parts I had laying around others I bought. I made my own version of a picatinny rail out of a piece of scrap steel to mount the light and covered it with spray rubber. (I never throw anything away my wife sez) :D

ATI stock, Harris BiPod, Bushman Mag Release, 10-22 Flash Hider, Custom made heat shroud, BSA Red Dot, Neebo Tactical light w/integral red laser, factory sling and rubber butt pad. Shoots 2" groups at 50 yds with Remington FMJ ammo. When Bushman gets back to work, I will add his aluminum trigger. My wife still has to finish a shoulder pad for the sling, but other than that ... it's good enough for me and my home protection and I am pleased with the outcome. Next project will be a 4095.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Great job BC. I really like the look of that shroud-10/22flash hider combo. And who would have ever thought about using an old barrel that way. Hmmm, I do have an old 12ga barrel, wonder what uses I can find for that....

·
Registered
166 Posts
It looks great you won't regret the ati it's lots easier to stay on target during rapid fire and it just looks way cool I'm still waiting for all my parts to come in for my light install

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks great you won't regret the ati it's lots easier to stay on target during rapid fire and it just looks way cool I'm still waiting for all my parts to come in for my light install
As I said, I made my light mounting rail, just keep it about 1/4" away from the stock (I used hard rubber small tapered faucet washers) and then used 1" plywood squares instead of nuts inside the stock to spread the pressure. Then I couldn't find any standard laser mounts that would fit the Neebo light, so I used a scope mount clamped on the rail. Voila!

·
Registered
101 Posts
What mods, if any, were needed for the 10/22 flash hider? Is it a fairly snug fit?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What mods, if any, were needed for the 10/22 flash hider? Is it a fairly snug fit?
No, I grabbed it out of a drawer as an afterthought and was pleasantly surprised it just slid right on and the set screw made it secure. The Std 10-22 barrel dia and the 995 are almost the same....close enough anyway.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanx BC, very clever. By the way, yours turned out great.I'm in that mode now where my ideas outweigh my wallet (doesn't take much).ATI stock is arriving today,have more goodies on order, so hopefully I will have some pics soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts