Finished Re-doing my MN91/30 (big pic warning)

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Carpe_Jugulum, Jan 27, 2008.

  1. Ok I finished re-working my beloved 91/30 a wek ago. I didn't say anything because I knew I wouldn't have pics till now and somebody would slap gunny on me.

    So here we go. This was the very first thing like this I have attemped. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Even more because I was learning as I went.

    First "Old and busted:"
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    and now "New Hotness:"

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    I also buffed the # off of the bolt (yeah, yeah I know it's sin) but here's why, the thing was unreadable. It looked like the guy who put it on was both drunk and having a seizure. here is the # from the plate

    [​IMG]

    that looks 10x better than the one on the bolt. Here is the bolt now

    [​IMG]

    Now I really want some more MNs to mess with. REALLY want more. this isn't good.
     
  2. unclerob

    unclerob Member

    413
    0

  3. That looks great.Nice job.
     
  4. Carpe, you did a great job on that Mosin Nagant.
     
  5. Very nice job, but a word of advice, I have been told by a good source that the bipods that mount to the barrel will affect your shot placement.

    I have one that I payed 40 bucks for to use on my Romak rifle and it is sitting gathering dust while I use mini sand bags for shooting.
     
  6. Carpe,

    You did good! Nice looking finish you have, hope it shoots as good as it look.