Finished With My 4595

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by sandog, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Time? I did that at the bar in less time than it took me to smoke half a cigarette. Maybe you should step up your education.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Fuckin children playing tit for tat. Gee, how much shit would the Admin give me for the exact same malarkey?

fatal-bert33 likes this.

3. Rachgier

How much shit haven't I given you for similar and worse?

4. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

This thread went to hell in a handbasket. OP, I could not bring up your pics. Anyways, hope it runs good for you! :)

sandog likes this.
  5. Rachgier

See if this works. They're direct links to Imgur, so there shouldn't be an issue.

[​IMG]

GDroEP0h.jpg

Hipointer likes this.
  6. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Yes it did! Thanks!

Rachgier likes this.
  7. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Sandog, love the camo on the rifle...just don't set it somewhere in the woods, you'll loose it! Did you rattle can it or air brush?

8. sandog

sandog Member

Rattlecan. I do Cerakote too, maybe at a later date I'll re-do it with Cerakote. But the rattlecan was quick and easy.

moona11 likes this.
  9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I gave you about 24 hours to play with your new toy. Considerably more than I usually get from Kirk & you. Normally you quietly delete my post while Kirk scolds me six hours after I quit and go to bed.

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  10. Sirjwil

Sirjwil Member

These are good for much longer than 50 yards lol. Out of the box u can ring steel at 100. Depending on your calibre, 150. After 150 height adjustments need to be made. Even so, I have 10mm and 9mm ammo that shoots straight at 175....

Please stop spreading ignorance

11. Rachgier

I'm not trusting my life to a PCC and a 150y target. And we're discussing the efficacy of a side mounted laser on a 4595. My 4095 is purely a range toy and teaching tool for gun shy people new to rifle shooting.

You can ring steel all day long at whatever range you want with a pistol round. I prefer fully capable rifle rounds that I can put in work with from 0- 600y and 0 - 1,000 yards. I don't need to correct for 25" of drop at 175y like you will.

12. sandog

sandog Member

The sh*t show continues. No use arguing with this guy, at some point he will edit or delete your posts. Can't have the administrator looking bad, now can we ?

I noticed when browsing here before I joined that many, if not most, of Rachgier's comments on guy's threads were condescending and borderline ridicule.
    Really nice that the administrator has to continually talk down to the members like that.
    Pretty sad.

Sirjwil likes this.
  13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

That’s incorrect.
    Physics you know, but that’s scary science.
    Ma rights.

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

...... Screenshot_20200920-180027_Samsung Internet.jpg

SWAGA likes this.
  15. SWAGA

Its generally pretty loosy goody laid back around here compared to other gun forums.
    Keep in mind that some of us “know” each other for many years, maybe even met in real life.
    That changes the interaction some.
    Humor and sarcasm don’t transfer well in text especially for the ones here that can barely spell.
    Perfect example of an inside joke but came across as being snarky.
    Also keep in mind that we have all kinds coming though the door here and some claim all sorts of mystical firearms knowledge claiming to have been gunsmiths for years and then state something elementary completely wrong. ( Who was that again?)
    They tend to get all bent out of shape when you call them out on their nonsense.
    Rach is actually pretty legit with his military background and firearms knowledge.
    Doesn’t mean he’s not a dick sometimes but at least legit.
    As far as firearms and ballistics there’s a lot of voodoo out there.
    It works as long as you believe it to work. Most of that stuff is just statistical noise. In theory or academically it should make a difference but in the real world shooting it does not as there are too many variables you can’t control.

sandog likes this.
  16. sandog

sandog Member

I don't doubt his knowledge is legit, its just the attitude. Most comments I see that he's made on threads seem to bring up negativity, instead of being able to say something nice.
    The moderator/admin should strive to not drive members away, there are enough members that do that if not kept in check.

OldOutlaw, Sirjwil and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  17. histed

histed Supporting Member

@SWAGA - Rippy never dies, does he?

undeRGRound and moona11 like this.
  18. SWAGA

Pure internet folklore bro.
    Epic.

undeRGRound, moona11 and histed like this.
  19. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Shit there is a massive list of star lickers that just keep coming back for attention. So its hard to tell them from genuine people that want to join.

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I STAND WITH RIPPY NO MATTER WHERE HE LURKS :p

histed likes this.
  21. Calculations are what make rifles. Ask a land surveyor, an engineer or maybe even a machinist.
    That being said, your under-barrel rail is actually very good for a light/laser with a momentary switch pressure pad. I have a TruGlo Tru-Point on my 995ts. The laser isn't zeroed with any particular impact points. It's set at an even point with the bore (confirmed the measurement using a laser boresighter and a tape measure at the range). I just know where it hits at 7, 50 and 100 yards. Just saying that it works based on my own experience.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    sandog likes this.