Finished With My 4595

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by sandog, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Sirjwil

Sirjwil Member

Your life, your choice.

Pistol calibre rounds are more than with their salt out to 200. Sure a rifle would be better but guess what... I dont have a rifle yet so I'll be using my carbine.

I dont get the stuck upness on a HI POINT forum... jeesh lol

If this single shot .22 was good enough for this lady and this bear, my 9mm 2500 fps civil defense rounds should do just fine

Attached Files:

2. Sirjwil

Sirjwil Member

I understand curvature and yaw...
    I'm saying that I have rounds where I can aim dead on target at 150 and it hits where I aim. (Civil defense 2500 fps 60 grain) Yes... the bullet goes up then comes down but it lands on target

3. Sirjwil

Sirjwil Member

Agreed! i thought this was a place where guys like me could be proud of their choice in arms. Like dam!
    Sorry I can't afford a Russian AK like these other guys so just sh*t on me more why dont u:(

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

My first gun I bought was a used .45 JHP that I bought for $100.
    Still have it, my Florida road trip gun.
    For a little more social distancing I do have an AK lol.
    That you hit were you aim doesn’t mean the bullet goes straight.
    When you zero your sights at a certain distance you actually have two ‘zeroes’, a near one and a far one.
    [​IMG]
    If you have a smartphone you can get a free version of the BulletDrop app where you can play with velocities and zero distances.

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Punching paper and punching meat at 150y are completely different. Not to mention the fact that your 60gr round lacks the mass to effectively cut through the wind or effectively carry its velocity over long range. Not to mention the fact that it's frangible.

Like you said; your life, your choice. Pay no mind to the folks with actual combat experience though.

6. Sirjwil

Sirjwil Member

Here is one of your brothers in arms making a video of the efficacy of 9mm.

It's like if a round doesnt disintegrate a target upon impact, it's not good enough lol.... I'm positive you wouldnt stand in front of a pcc at 175 yards.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    fatal-bert33 likes this.
  7. Sirjwil

Sirjwil Member

In my comments above I said that I understand that the bullet goes up and comes down.

I will download that app though :thumbsup:. thanks

8. Rachgier

You would be wrong. I've been shot during combat operations. I've stood out in front of much worse than a pcc.

You're also confusing efficacy with effectiveness.

9. SWAGA

Yes but you didn’t make clear that you understood the two zeroes and that a point of aim = pointing impact at 150 yards doesn’t mean the ‘bullet goes straight’.
    It means you’ve got the second zero as per the illustration.

Sirjwil likes this.
  10. Sirjwil

Sirjwil Member

What calibre were you shot with? Rifle calibre? Respect to your service but once again.... Im sure you wouldnt voluntarily give me the option to shoot at you from 150 yards. Yes you did combat, yes you are a badass. Doesnt make you invincible to PCCs. Watch this video. Guy knows what hes talking about.

ef·fi·ca·cy
    /ˈefəkəsē/
    Learn to pronounce

noun
    FORMAL
    1. the ability to produce a desired or intended result.
      "there is little information on the efficacy of this treatment
    Efficacy is getting things done. It is the ability to produce a desired amount of the desired effect, or success in achieving a given goal. Efficiency is doing things in the most economical way. It is the ratio of the output to the inputs of any system (good input to output ratio).

11. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    Who is Rippy? I'm old and I forget things.

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    IIRC, 7.62x39 incendiary. He was wearing armor, thankfully...

The Mods and Admins do have a mandate to correct what may be read as misinformation,
    and sometimes it is just bad jargon or grammar. It's really not personal.

mandate
    [ˈmanˌdāt]
    NOUN
    1. an official order or commission to do something.
      "a mandate to seek the release of political prisoners"
      synonyms:
      instruction · directive · direction · decree · command · order · injunction · edict

CMG fears legal actions based on "bad posted info" so they make these guys police the content.

Rerun likes this.
  13. SWAGA

;)
    He took an AK round to the chest and busted his ribs.
    In any case the video you linked to: all the guy does is talk.
    What do you base your statement on that he knows what he’s talking about?
    He’s a Glock fanboi too.
    That makes everything questionable

14. Rachgier

Efficacy can be defined as the performance of an intervention under ideal and controlled circumstances, whereas effectiveness refers to its performance under 'real-world' conditions.

15. SWAGA

I can’t find anything on Uncle Dan’s credentials and could only muster 4 min into the video.

He’s already wrong about the 9mm in the carbine. It’s not the same velocity as .357 SIG or .357 Magnum.
    Except when you take a 9mm in a 16 inch barrel and a .357 Sig in a 4 inch barrel.
    9mm out of a 16 inch barrel equals the velocity of .223 out of a 4(!) inch barrel and its half the velocity of a .223 out of a 16 inch barrel.
    I’ve got no credentials, I’m just using a chart.

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/223rifle.html

16. Sirjwil

Sirjwil Member

Not going to argue but once again, I cant afford an AK. If you are able to then more power to you.
    My Carbine will do the job. Period

fatal-bert33 and undeRGRound like this.
  17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I hear ya, man. "RUN WHAT U BRUNG" as they say in street racing...
    Get good with the carbine, research what works, get a good set-up, buy good ammo, lots of it, practice, and you will be OK. 9mm NATO is a relatively reasonable "hard hitter" and a bit better precision too. Smaller groups than the regular box ammo, heavier than 115gr and just as fast. Out of a Carbine, it really should be darn near equal to a 125gr 357 Magnum out of a 4" revolver. At least "close enough for govt. work" :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You really need a true +P in a carbine to equal a 357 Magnum, and that is really just
    the entry level, off the shelf stuff. To reiterate, it takes GOOD +P 9mm Ammo to
    "EQUAL" the basic 357 Magnum stuff out of a revolver. But that basic revolver is
    pretty awesome, and a 9mm Carbine with NATO is darn close.

Sirjwil likes this.
  18. SWAGA

We’re not arguing we’re having a discussion.
    What do you base your statement on as he’s factually inaccurate in the first 4 min of his video.
    I’m not saying you need an AK either.

19. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Yes, a 9mm can kill a human being at 150yds. Self defense at 150yds? You might want to let them get closer for more accuracy. You whizz a bullet and don't make contact they hear the direction it came from. You have just become a "person of interest."

Rach talks about the 60gr Civil Defense round at that distance. I have no idea what that thing is doing at 150yds, or even 75. I like the Civil Defense. I poo-poo-ed the 9 version. I saw some testing and deduced it is a very effective round in several ways. It will penetrate level 3 body armor.

I got a bunch of it in .40, and .45. I am interested in seeing what speeds it has coming out of our carbines. Someday I'll get a chrono.

Bullet aerodynamics isn't very good on pistol rounds. I think I mentioned a couple of years ago eventually the ammo makers are going to try a boat tail in 9mm. Still waiting for that.

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Forgive my laziness. What are you using for optics? This interests me. Unfortunately Civil Defense is made of unobtanium at this point in time. I want to stuff my Glock 26 with them for an ultra light weight carry.