Firearms laws in Cleveland, Ohio...

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by border_patrol24/7, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Hey everyone Im new here. I moved to Florida about 2 years ago. I was born and raised in Cleveland. Im going up to visit for christmas. Seeing as my family all tell me how much worse (crime, violence, gangs, shootings, robberies etc.) Cleveland and its sourounding suburbs have gotten, I want to carry (openly). I currently live in an upscale nieghborhood in the Tampa Bay area, and choose not to have a conceal carry license (but soon will because of all the shootings that have been happening). I plan on driving up and want to know if I can legally openly carry my JCP .40. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Welcome to the forum, lots of great posts to read, and if you have a question, just ask. We dont bite ;)

3. This topic is better suited for the Lounge...

Welcome to the Forum border patrol!

4. oops sorry, I was going to do that but it said no gun questions but thats ok. Thanks.

5. As it regards law, it's not directly about a "gun" per se. The FFZ is geared more towards political topic.

No worries, man. You'll get a feel for the forum and what topic go where soon enough! Again, Welcome!

6. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
  7. Thanks a million!!!

This forum is very helpfull. Thank you.

8. Hey, Andrew241, may I ask where are you located in ohio? Im from Maple/Garfield hts. area. Thier was just a robbery/ murder at the corner of my old street about 2 days ago. It was at a Marathon station that is about 5 houses down from my old house, and I patronized that store often. I will definitly avoid these places now, but I have to visit my family for the holidays, ya know? definitly will tread lightly...

9. I can't give you the exact laws...... However... The State of Ohio passed "Pre-eminance" (might be spelled wrong) earlier this year I believe that states that State law is the "law of the land" and as such applies throughout the state. This nullifies all the dinky village, town, city, county etc laws that are in any sort of contradiction with state law...

http://www.opencarry.org/oh.html