Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked with several dealers this week and it pretty apparent that producers have slowed production of certain firearms on purpose.

Now before you say that's not true think about it, dealers just cant get guns to sell, long time dealers. The reasons seem to be first no credit out there for this. Understand that these operations run off credit and right now making semi-automatic rifles is in danger of being shutdown. If they cant get credit it wont happen. Second reason is there's a lot of pressure being applied to regulations that wasn't being applied before. A lot of regulations can be applied or enforced in a variety of ways. The paperwork and permits to produce these types of firearms is staggering in a good environment, ungodly in this one. These are just business realities, they cant be left with stock they can neither sell nor support. Its just too risky.

Seems even without firing a shot after a manner of speaking, they have effectively shutdown a large amount of production. Now you know why its so difficult to get some weapons and almost impossible to find others.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Same thing here too. We can occasionally get the .40 to .45 calibers but I've not seen a .380 or 9mm for many months now. I'm wondering if they shut the line down to produce the large calibers and will in the future start producing the smallers ones again. X

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I work for ATK Small Arms Systems (Federal) and have talked to friends at Sierra. Nothing has slowed. new equipment is being put on line every day.
The DOD has upped it's orders and the election has opened a new market to this industry. People who never would have owned a gun are now gun owners .
Yes some dealers are taking advantage of this, but at this point the demand is beyond the production capabilities.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I work for ATK Small Arms Systems (Federal) and have talked to friends at Sierra. Nothing has slowed. new equipment is being put on line every day.
The DOD has upped it's orders and the election has opened a new market to this industry. People who never would have owned a gun are now gun owners .
Yes some dealers are taking advantage of this, but at this point the demand is beyond the production capabilities.
I agree with you... Supply & Demand........... For those that say they just "Can't find a gun", I say you just aren't looking hard enough. Granted some may not find one of their first choices, but also they may not want to drive for it. With all the hype about the shortage of Hi Points, I would "almost" bet, that I could find just about any of them. I may have to either pay a premium, or drive up to 150 miles, but they are around. My biggest "mistake" when looking for my C9 was using Hi Points dealers locations on their web page. It is FAR from complete. Instead I do a web search for the neighboring towns around me for Gun Dealers, Sport Shops and Pawn Shops. And you have to call them maybe every other week. The guns are there but just like deer or bear, you have to look for them...... I had one dealer call me back last week to see if I wanted a new 4095, he said he had forgotten he even ordered it, it took so long, but it did come in..............

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Well I overheard a sporting goods manager at my wally world on the phone to corporate while I was there today on my every few days trip tosee if any .22lr bricks are in. It seems Wally World is no longer going to carry Ruger as it has become cost prohibitive, if you know how wally world works they place demands on suppliers to get things their way at a certain price..seems ruger is doing well enough in this "shortage" to tell em to piss off. Curiouser and curiouser my friends.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well I overheard a sporting goods manager at my wally world on the phone to corporate while I was there today on my every few days trip tosee if any .22lr bricks are in. It seems Wally World is no longer going to carry Ruger as it has become cost prohibitive, if you know how wally world works they place demands on suppliers to get things their way at a certain price..seems ruger is doing well enough in this "shortage" to tell em to piss off. Curiouser and curiouser my friends.
anytime a company has the ability/ balls to tell wally world to piss off i have only one thing to say;

"Good Show!"

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will say it again;

The slowdown only applies to arms subject to a possible rumored ban. We have no problem at all finding shotguns, bolt or lever action rifles, pistols, etc. Those are being produced faster than ever. The issue is with those firearms subject to such possibilities, evil black rifles, carbines (not all), military type, etc etc etc. Does that effect all producers? Not at all but enough that the supply is actually decreasing at a time that demand is very high.

That is the dealers conclusion from talking with wholesalers. Perhaps they are wrong but when they cant fill for months even small orders after years of dealing with the companies it makes sense.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find that hard to believe. CCI actually hired back a bunch of people it had been forced to lay off previously. I had no trouble finding my XD-M and much more at the local gun shows.
CCI is ammo not talking about ammo.
XDM is a pistol not talking about pistols.
Not saying you cant find guns.
Not saying you cant find a particular gun.
Saying some dealers I talked with about the situation are seeing many models of what the Fed likes to call assault rifles have slowed production. This includes many carbines.
Come on guys.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
anytime a company has the ability/ balls to tell wally world to piss off i have only one thing to say;

"Good Show!"
I sort of agree but then again i go there to buy ammo etc cheaper..am I a hypocrit? Nah I just hate spending more than I need to...how about you and pete? Or do you boycott Wally World?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I work for ATK Small Arms Systems (Federal) and have talked to friends at Sierra.
Wow I just looked into ATK, didn't realize they own so much.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I find that hard to believe. CCI actually hired back a bunch of people it had been forced to lay off previously. I had no trouble finding my XD-M and much more at the local gun shows.
CCI is ammo not talking about ammo.
XDM is a pistol not talking about pistols.
Not saying you cant find guns.
Not saying you cant find a particular gun.
Saying some dealers I talked with about the situation are seeing many models of what the Fed likes to call assault rifles have slowed production. This includes many carbines.
Come on guys.
CCI is ATK and takes in much more than ammo.
As for finding proposed ban arms? Ya just have to look and stay on top of it. I have bought four 995s post election and a AR all at below MSRP and all New.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Will say it again;

The slowdown only applies to arms subject to a possible rumored ban. We have no problem at all finding shotguns, bolt or lever action rifles, pistols, etc. Those are being produced faster than ever. The issue is with those firearms subject to such possibilities, evil black rifles, carbines (not all), military type, etc etc etc. Does that effect all producers? Not at all but enough that the supply is actually decreasing at a time that demand is very high.

That is the dealers conclusion from talking with wholesalers. Perhaps they are wrong but when they cant fill for months even small orders after years of dealing with the companies it makes sense.
Not to be contrary but you aren't saying it again, you're saying it for the first time..your original post didn't mention rumored banned guns as I read it it was about not being able to credit and some phantom enforcement possibility is different ways? Supply could be preceived to be decreasing btw because the companies busniness model didn't include this scare tactic they're going to eliminate all guns..buy now! buy now! scenario so they just can't match production to demand.

·
Registered
134 Posts

"Good Show!"
I sort of agree but then again i go there to buy ammo etc cheaper..am I a hypocrit? Nah I just hate spending more than I need to...how about you and pete? Or do you boycott Wally World?
I do not shop at wally world.i find their business practices abhorrent and have reached the conclusion (along with many economists) that they are bad for the economy, bad for this country. therefore i willingly pay higher prices to support local businesses when i can, and shop at other national retailers when i can't. I will be honest, it isn't all moral indignation, another reason i don't shop wally world is i don't like buying things more often than i have to, so i will spend more money on the front end so i don't have to spend even more replacing something multiple times. as an example, i love to cook. so i have purchased one top of the line set and one high/mid grade set that covers all of my needs, each is stainless steel and has a lifetime warranty. if in the future i need an individual piece i can purchase just what i need, barring some catastrophe i will never have to buy a full set of cookware again, as opposed to spending $100 every couple of years to replace cheap aluminum and teflon crap that wears out quickly and will end up giving you cancer to boot.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I don't care for Wal-Mart, but not everyone can afford to buy all top line products all the time, for a higher price.
Now back to the subject?
How do you think I feel watching hundreds of thousands of rounds per night being packed and don't even fell as If I can get enough ammo to fire my new $1200.00 bolt action .308?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah that does have to bite.

Sorry for being a tad unclear but you see my point. These dealer dabble in a lot of high end stuff and see the industry a bit different than we do. Maybe it BS dont know but the premise is logical.

·