Fired new .380 for first time today

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Chartiers, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Shot my new HP .380 today for the first time. It was at my state required CCW class & range. The .380 shot the 100 rounds, of PMC and Remington rounds, with absolutely no problems. The instructor and others were impressed with its performance. Nice handgun for the money!

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Good for you Chartiers! Did you pass? I still haven't got my CCW yet. Every time I think of spending the money for the class, I end up spending it on ammo or another gun... I need to just do it. I've got an XdM .45 I can qualify with. If I can't pass with that I probably shouldn't be shooting. Ha Ha

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

Same here. Now my truck is in the shop....more delays.

4. Yep, passed the written part of the class as well as the shooting part at the various distances.

Next step in the state process, after passing the class, is to go to the DMV office with the required $115 to get the CCW paperwork submitted and the info on getting fingerprinted. Instructor said it typically takes 2 to 4 weeks after that when you get the CCW mailed to your home address.

5. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Sounds like a PIA!

6. Omalley80

Omalley80 Member

Ohio

Geez $115. It's only $40 here. Plus the ID card.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

7. $115. is in addition to the required class which was $85. TN loves its taxes and fees:eek:. Geez is right!!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  8. Originally posted by bluharley:Same here. Now my truck is in the shop....more delays. -I know what you mean, they have a package deal here where you can get both your unarmed/armed security guard licenses, Plus your ccw all in one package, And because I'm a c/o all i have to do is pay the fee, which is realy good, But everytime i turn around, something comes up, I have both my car AND my truck in the shop, Sometimes you can't win for losing :(

9. manzig

manzig Member

Wow! Class? 100+ dollars? Where I live my ccw permit was $15 for a year no class just a background check

10. we have this conversation a lot. I really cant believe the difference between states with ccw fees.

Here in PA its $20 No class, you get it when you apply as long as you pass a BG check

IN VA it was $50 plus a $20 "class" and a 45 day wait

those are the only two states I have gotten one in.

11. Very nice man glad you like your new pistol, I wish we had CCW here in Mother Jersey! :mad:

12. Omalley80

Omalley80 Member

Ohio
    Ohio the class is anywhere from $50-$100. The application fee is $45 and it lasts 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum