Firesight peep sights/ Photo a little big

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Ari, Apr 4, 2008.

1. browwiw

browwiw Member

I've seen those, too. They're supposed to be based of the M1A sights, right? I've considered getting them for my SKS once I get down to actually swapping it for USA compliance parts.

edit: no, I'm wrong. The sights I'm thinking of have a rear sight that attaches directly to the back of the receiver. Can't find a link for them, anymore.

Those do look good, though.

2. Ari

Ari Guest

I have looked at those too... I would what some I dont have to attach to the cover, and I can use the the sights in replace of the stock sights.

3. browwiw

browwiw Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. After comparing the two articles, Ari's find seems to be the less consternating of the two to install, though.

I'll have to remember these. I plan on really shaking down and 'upgrading' my SKS this year for deer season.

4. MTguy

MTguy Member

I put the williams sights on my sks, but haven't had it out to the range yet. So far though I have had a hard time focusing through the peep sight becuase it is so far forward. I'll post some pics and a report once I get out.

5. Postal4U

Postal4U Member

Ditto on the Williams being an easier install. I hopefully one day can find another SKS other than my Yugo to chop up etc and put the US parts into, but for now I will stick with the original sights.

6. Ari

Ari Guest

I was wondering about it being so far forward.