First 995TS accessories added

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by JCE, Nov 13, 2017 at 9:57 PM.

1. JCE

JCE Vladof

Is it sad that I haven't fired a single round but I've already started adding stuff? :D Going to zero the iron sights first then the red dot and finally the laser. Unless I should change that order up?

Next Monday will be the range day. Gonna try to go through 200~300 rounds. Cannot wait.

All I need now is to get my cheek pad put on and a flashlight. Any thoughts or recommendations on a bright ass flashlight?

IMG_5998.JPG

2. Cynical

Cynical Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t it make better sense to zero the laser first? Then you can use it for the rd and iron sights.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.

3. JCE

JCE Vladof

I could do that, does makes sense. :)

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Not really. He's still adjusting a sighting device to line up poa with poi. If he gets the irons and rds on, all he has top do is bring the laser in to true with them.

My laser is sighted for 25 yard, my irons are set to 50. It would make more sense to set his sights up for different ranges.

5. Cynical

Cynical Well-Known Member

I just thought of hat and came back to post that he may sight them for different distances but you beat me to it.

6. JCE

JCE Vladof

That also makes sense as that is what I was going to do first. Distances would be the same as well. This is of course dependent on what the range has setup for available distances. Looks like I'll be able to get out to the range on Thursday. :D

Also what is POI and POA? Point of impact? Not sure what the other one is. Don't laugh at me being a noob.

7. ridgeryder

ridgeryder Well-Known Member

WNC
    You're almost there, Point Of Impact & Point Of Aim, (of course they're supposed to end up as the same).

JCE likes this.
  8. JCE

JCE Vladof

Awesome thanks.

9. I set mine up to 50yds. Just me. I am not "Joe Marksman." Usually isn't much difference between 25 to 50.

10. Twisty

Twisty Simple by choice Supporting Member

Supposed to be. Sometimes it's the next county over.

11. JCE

JCE Vladof

Well that was a disappointment. I hate the iron sights with a passion and I forgot my riser so couldn't use the red dot. Loved how the hi-point shot and the overall operation I just couldn't zero-in shit. Apparently the allen wrenches I got with the carbine weren't able to take off the iron sights at the range so I was basically shooting blind. The operating handle was a bit tough so I hope it does loosen up over time.

I can also say my laser is a piece of junk too I think but I'll wait until I can zero in my red dot before making a proper decision. I just couldn't waste another box of 50 rds shooting air so I cut today's session short.

Took off those iron sights when I got home and put on my red dot with a riser. Next time I'll be better prepared. An a positive note the .308 rifle I was also shooting was easy to hit the bullseye @ 100yds. And I got lots of compliments on how my hi-point looked at least. :)

12. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 6:41 PM
  13. Rachgier

I put the side rails from HP on my carbine for the flashlight and laser. I think I put them back on for a pic here on the forum and never bothered to take them back off again.

14. JCE

JCE Vladof

Thanks for the replies. :D

I've got the down range handle on there and I don't feel like it's causing the problem. Maybe I need to elaborate on what's happening. It isn't pulling back that's the problem is releasing it to load a round after inserting a new mag of rounds. It feels like it is stuck almost. Make sense?

What rail should I replace the one under the barrel with to attach the laser? Keep in mind this laser was super cheap since I bought it for my CO2 BB Smith & Wesson M&P pistol. It IS likely a POS but I do like how it operates so I hope I can salvage it. At the least it'll be intimidating to an intruder if push came to shove.

I've removed the front sight as well. With the riser under my TRS-25 red dot I feel like it will be a much better improvement. Just need more time and ammo on the next visit.

Do you have a link to the pic? Also forgive the noob question but where and how do I mount a side rail?

Also I'm not really finding a decent flashlight/rail combo so should I just get one of those holders and put just a regular small tactical flashlight in there?

15. Rachgier

You can buy the side rails right from Hi Point. I think I bought the cheapo ncstar fashlight and mount from walmart. I don't have the picture on my phone, let me switch over to my laptop.

JCE likes this.
  16. Rachgier

The button for the laser is run down to the FG where it's velcroed in place.
    017E9ABD-orig.jpg

JCE likes this.