First failure since 3/7/07

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 1inthechamber, Mar 18, 2008.

1. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Member

Well, it's only been 850 rounds since then (1, 650 total rounds fired). I haven't even cleaned it since Oct., haven't brushed the bore or clean up any residue. Had 1 Fail to Feed. After that, it still kept going just fine and groups the same as when I clean it. I'm going to wait 150 more rounds until I clean it. My own little torture test. :wink:

2. It's kinda fun to do torture tests. It shows how good these guns are. I just went 1150 rounds between cleanings (1150 rounds before the first "Fail to feed") with my 4095.

The person who had the gun before me had it so gummed up the last shot hold open lever wouldn't move (now that was a TEST).

3. My 4095 looked like new when I got it.Just one problem the last round hold open wouldn't work.Guess it came that way as it was advertised as having never been fired.
    It does work now.

4. The first time I ran mine I got three mis feeds. I found the shells where getting hung up on a plastic protrusion at the front of the clip. I used my leatherman to trim the plastic peice and misfeeds no more.

5. 1inthechamber, what ammo were you using? I run reload's with Bullseye powder which is known to be dirty.

6. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Member

I was using WWB. That's all I've been shooting. I want to say maybe it was limp wristing since it was cold and raining. It wasn't the type where it's angled, but it was where I could pull it back and it would eject.