Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I got to go to my first gun show at the local fair grounds. $5 to get in and elbow to elbow with every gun owner in the tricounty area. :cantlook: I was SOL on an sks for under $450 in any condition. But I did finally get my revolver a Ruger Security Six in very lightly used condition.

I must admit I never really read a whole lot about them so I figured ask the men who know, if any of you have heard/owned one and how reliable it is. I took it out and fired 3 quick test shots in the woods I hit my target from about 12 yards away but I was shooting down hill so acuracy is not something I can attest to for it yet. Oh also I got the guy to go down to $324 out the door, from what I can see on gun broker thats not too bad in comparison. It was funny I told the guy when he asked what I would offer him since it was $360 I said every last cent in my wallet is all I got to spend I can't get any more together and showed him my wallet after I took my bills out to pay. He said well your honest I guess that has to count for something.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Never owned one but a buddy used to have and swears there is not a revolver out there better than a Ruger. For what its worth...

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Fired my first security six when I was 5 years old. Dad has three and no matter what I try will not give one up. He has shot deer with it and one of his friends took it to Alaska as a back up. They are no longer in production but a very solid hand gun.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Ruger and SW are no doubt best medium proced revolvers in the world. SW has taken a turn these last years but anything pre-2000 is just a great pistol. Still have a Victory series 38SP under my mattress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.