First Modifications of My New C9

Discussion in 'Gunsmith shop' started by sarahsmom, Jul 12, 2015.

1. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Added new grips and installed the ghost ring sights. Not sure about the new sights - it is supposed to be easier on the eyes - will just have to wait and see how they do. :cool:

Attached Files:

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

The ghost ring will take a bit to get used to, but it does train your eyes to ficus quicker and better.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Yep what he said.

4. sarahsmom

Added pastel pink fill ins:

:D

Attached Files:

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Like the grips!

About that ghost sight...They are wrong. :p

I can't see squat through the peep sight. I love peep sights on a rifle, but they are designed for use close to the eye.

I suppose you could use it for slow fire bullseye target shooting in bright light, if your eyes are decent, but for any other use, I doubt it's an improvement.

Here's a point...if it's better, why has no one else put them on pistols?;)

6. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

I gotta go along with ajole, if you were just using it as a range gun they would be good choice,, but if you are using it for personal defense, they would make quick target aquisition a little difficult.

But if they work for you,, great,,,, it's what you the shooter are comfortable with, don't let anyone's opinion sway you

7. sarahsmom

Haven't got to try them out yet - not really liking trying to just line them up though. I will give it a try at the range first, and then decide. I worry that they will be totally off and have to be re-sighted - I had never changed a sight before.

8. Like how the pink lettering matches the grips, looks good. Not my style but then it's not my gun either.

Not a problem, if I remember it's two screws on the C9 to replace the sites. I recommend Mahan sites. I have a pair on my CF380 and love em. They're machined out of aluminum plus they're adjustable for windage.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Nice Work! You ar quickly becoming the female CicPup ;)
    [​IMG]
    (please, Lord, only as a gun builder!!!) :eek:

:D

10. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Get rid of the ghost sights, they are worthless and down right dangerous to try to use on a firearm you are going to use for self defense. Also practice and learn to point shoot, in a real shooting you are not going to have time to acquire a sight picture. ;)

11. sarahsmom

Found the link for the Mahan sights. That is on my someday list. It didn't show what it looked like from the other side. I think I am going to put the regular sights back on - and hopefully I can get them lined back up right. What I don't understand is that hp's founder started adding those when he started having vision problems. I don't see how they helped, it takes me forever to line them up.

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

They're like anything "different". People make them harder to use because they don't look like what they expect. So they must be wrong. They take practice but once your eyes are used to them, i still say you can acquire ax target quicker.
    Why don't others use them? They take up more room and are easier to snag on clothing or a holster.

13. histed

histed Supporting Member

We had them on my wife's for a very short time and had the same problems you did, sarahsmom. Nice fill on the lettering, BTW. If you're interested, Wally World has combat silhouette targets here - very reasonable and easy to see. Great for practicing point shooting or whatever. Used a few this morning while we were at the range

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I like mine on my 45 but I like to be different.

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Oh, you are quite different, m00nerz! :p

16. paulky_2000

paulky_2000 Member

If you have access to a printer:

http://www.targetprinter.com/

:)