Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is the first, unofficial..........
Titanium
firing pin... for reals:

For real... it titanium... i'm not kidding.

Since I don't know the tolerance of the original I had to backward engineer it and assumed alot of the tolerances (diameter is on the money, length is pretty close and all those cuts are as close as I could get them on my machine and with my bad pulse.

I do not know if it works yet, maybe I'll have to test it this weekend.

Discuss amongst youreselves.

P.S. Primal, I'm serious... if the test are sucessfull, this sucker is for you to keep so you may never have to endure another Titanium joke.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
If these are around the $10-$15 range, mark me down for 3, 2 C9s and 1 995. :)

·
1,792 Posts
Dude<<<<<<<<<<<< Test this bad arse.

THIS WEEKEND, COME ON MAN>>> I cant wait that dang long.

You need to make a special back woods run. This is epic.

>> Looks good. If it is as close to tolerances as I am sure you have made it I have 20$ says it works.:p:)

EDIT TO ADD>>>

You need to have this moved to the lounge for more traffic!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Strangerous

Thyere is no way I could make these for 10-15 bucks and make any sort of profit. It took me about an hour to make by hand. Depending on what my test reveal, and a couple of moderator chanllenges, and once I automate the process, I will settle on a price.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Primal is going to skin you alive for doing this to him. But you're right, at least he won't be taking any more titanium firing pin jokes.

By the way, great job on this firing pin. When you get things figured out, let us know the cost. You'll have quite the business going pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
ohhhh noooooo lol... Primal yiu know I'm going to get my ribbing in when I see you next!

you have a grace pierod for fixing my carpet lol lol

looks great bushman!!

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Strangerous

Thyere is no way I could make these for 10-15 bucks and make any sort of profit. It took me about an hour to make by hand. Depending on what my test reveal, and a couple of moderator chanllenges, and once I automate the process, I will settle on a price.
Your price is your price, all you have to do is name it. :p

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Now that is some funny stuff, low and behold the holy grail, it really does exist. :lol:

·
Registered
285 Posts
B-man, you're the man!
just waiting for the test results :clap:

·
Registered
340 Posts
you have GOT to be kidding me.. for realz now? i never would have thought.

badness...

·
Registered
772 Posts
With the production of a titanium firing pin, could the 4595 and new stocks be far behind??? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Bushman98, I ought to delete and ban your account on the sheer principle of it, but I'll obstain under one condition. I get one for FREE! Yes I said FREE, and I want the very first production firing pin after T&E! *Test and evaluation* If you would be so kind, I'd also like it engraved so I can put that sucker in a shadowbox along with a Zombie Patch among other memorable items from the HPFF. Also, if you wouldn't mind serialize it, 01, 001, 0001 when you engrave it.

If I am going to continue to take the entire "Titanium" load of crap from the entire HPFF, I at least want the first firing pin in existance to ease my mind. In fact, once you get the manufacturing process and measurements down, I'd like to have that particular pin, the first one ever to exist.

Hell, that's something I'd be proud to have, and I don't think I could ever again gripe about the Titanium jokes.

Bushman, you truly amaze me. The inside joke is now a reality. I never thought it'd ever happen.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Yuk it up arseholes!

Stryker1, trust me dude, I am ready for you when you get here.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Primal, I was not kidding about you getting the first one... or the only one.... or if the test fails, the only non-working one in the world. I figured you suffered enough with this deal about titanium so I decided to offer you this one in a life time "FU-guys-it-does-exist" lifetime pass.

Next project: Take on that toe fetish that seems to run rampant in gun forums.

G

·
Holy crap! Now what do we get to poke fun at Primal with? The Titanium firing pin exists(sorta) so we can't use Titanium anymore!

B.Man. With the introduction of this firing pin, what else do you have up your sleeve for these firearms? Are you sure you don't work for Hi Point?

At this point I am half expecting a thread from you entitled "Screw it they took too long with the 4595...so I made it myself!"

·
Registered
581 Posts
bushman that is great, I think i will have to have one of those if they become a real part. and I am hopeing for them too

1 - 20 of 37 Posts