First Pistol I ever bought!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by OldOutlaw, Feb 25, 2016.

1. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Was doing some gun cleaning today and remembered I had a couple stuck away in a drawer. Pulled out the Springfield XD 5" Tactical and this one.
    This is my first pistol bought in, I can only guess, 1968.
    Sterling Model 320. 22LR. All steel gun. Heavy little dude. Still in the box. Basically new.
    Less than 50 rounds through it. Bought it new at a Coast to Coast Hardware store in MN. Don't remember why. Must have been because it looked neat at the time. :)

Attached Files:

2. histed

histed Supporting Member

Fine lookin' piece, Outlaw. Least YOU were smart enough to hang on to your fist pistol. Mine was a Ruger .22 Bicentennial w/mag cylinder. Sold in '82 or 83 to pay bills during rough patch. Stoopid.

3. OldOutlaw

Thanks Histed! I think I will see what 22LR I can find to use in it for a pocket back up gun. Or, for in a jacket pocket. It takes a pretty stout round to work best as I recall.

4. My Sterling 302 functions best with quality high velocity ammo. I'd recommend you try CCI Minimags or Remington Thunderbolts.

5. OldOutlaw

I will try to find a box of each to try. Thanks Adam!

6. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I haven't had to sell my first but some others haven't been so fortunate.

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

She Who Must Be Obeyed inherited one from her father. It was his "car gun" (at a time when that was illegal). It wasn't really maintained properly but I've cleaned it up and now it works perfectly. It has some wear and some other issues. I keep waffling on the idea of rebluing it. I have acquired a nice wood box with inlay that I intend to turn into a Presentation Box for it some day.

Anyway, the gun is special to her because it was her dad's.

Top Right; 1 o'clock.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Attached Files:

8. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Are those her guns?

9. Kiln

Kiln Member

Loving the J22. I've always had a soft spot for the J22. Surprisingly accurate pistol.

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Only the Stevens and the Bryco-Jennings, both of which she inherited. The KT, HP, ant Taurus are mine, though the KT is on long-term loan to my dad.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)