Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on a whim, I picked up a used 995TS for 150. I took it to the range with the family and had a blast with it. I ended up letting the Mrs shoot it (big mistake-HUGE!) and now I'm in the market for another one for me!
Let the Daughter-in-law shoot it the same day. And now SHE is going to be in the market for one, but my son hasn't shot it yet, so she's going to be in the market for the one he steals from her.
Both of them left the $1400 Ar-15 builds alone, and kept coming back for my 995. We shot 300 rounds through it in one day, and never one failure. I guess that's ok, I wanted some alone time with my AR anyway, and I got it! Neither of the girls wanted to shoot more than 5 rounds!

So now I'm here, scouring the forums for things that can be improved on like magazines, springs ect. I don't really have much that I feel needs to change, but we'll see how that goes.

·
Premium Member
36,185 Posts
So now I'm here, scouring the forums for things that can be improved on like magazines, springs ect. I don't really have much that I feel needs to change, but we'll see how that goes.

Really about all you might want to do is find some Red Ball 20 round mags, and maybe put a red dot or small scope on it. 90% of the Hi Point accessories are about looks, and a few things are for function, like nicer bolt handles or the mags.

Glad you enjoyed the gun, and welcome to the asylum. Don’t let anyone ruffle your feathers, most of them aren’t the jerks they sometimes seem to be.🤪

·
Super Moderator
5,090 Posts
While at Rural King I picked up mine, it was 1 of 3 they had, the 1st one sold Saturday and all they had left was the 45ACP.
I prefer the .45, most don't. Bigger arc in trajectory, bigger hole when it hits. Goes well with the JHP 45.
BTW, welcome to the zoo - you and @mixer1879
Dog Bulldog Window Carnivore Dog breed
You bring treats?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It came with a 15 Rd mag, a redball, and one stock mag. Tore one decent group just right of POA with the steel sights, so I'm actually good with that. I'm in IL, so the redball can be dangerous depending on the county and city I'm in. Chicago really hates those 20 round mags. They also really hate on the HP pistols.
I've read about Glock 43 +15% springs for the stock mags, and the bolt handles, a bumper for the mags(yes I've found them), something more compatible for a mag release (are the OS releases worth a shit?) And absolutely NEED to clean up the trigger (anyone?)
As far as looks goes, well if you polish a turd, you get a shiny turd. I like the original stock better, and the steel sights work just fine for me. But what matters is how she shoots, it'll be a thrash gun for me probably pretty high up on the list of what will go to the range that day, and probably the one that will live in my truck.
Thanks for the welcome you'll probably find me in the other than hi point forums or asking stupid questions in the carbine section.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
So on a whim, I picked up a used 995TS for 150. I took it to the range with the family and had a blast with it. I ended up letting the Mrs shoot it (big mistake-HUGE!) and now I'm in the market for another one for me!
Let the Daughter-in-law shoot it the same day. And now SHE is going to be in the market for one, but my son hasn't shot it yet, so she's going to be in the market for the one he steals from her.
Both of them left the $1400 Ar-15 builds alone, and kept coming back for my 995. We shot 300 rounds through it in one day, and never one failure. I guess that's ok, I wanted some alone time with my AR anyway, and I got it! Neither of the girls wanted to shoot more than 5 rounds!

Just wasn't your day at all was it?:(

·
Premium Member
21,665 Posts
Got my first hi-point a few months back. It's the C9, hoping to learn a little here. Getting ready to polish feed ramp, done did the spring stretch in the magazine.
Have you shot it yet? Leave the feed ramp alone turn off youtube and talk to the members here. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Fucking up your gun is easy to do when polishing the feed ramp. It isn't made of steel. It's made up of zinc alloy and recycled belly button lint. Don't hand cycle live ammo either. If you wonder why we will be glad to point you in the right direction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts