First pull over illinois with CC permit

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by Tchort, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Tchort

Tchort Member

Today on way to work I did something wrong and got pulled over. My fault, dumb mistake. Anyways, cop pulls me over. Walks up to my truck after a few minutes of running my plate. Walks up to the corner of my extended cab and stops. First thing out of mouth, " I know you have a conceal carry permit, where is your firearm?" Because of my stupid act to get me pulled over....didnt even think about my gun but told him where i had it on me. Must be with my registration for my truck, also list im armed.

Anyways, whole thing went good. He was cool about it and gave me warning. Glad my first experience armed with an officer went well.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That seems highly prejudicial.... So I guess all felons should have a notice on their plates... I don't like that at all. Seems really Gestapoish.

3. geekandwife

geekandwife Good ole Boy Member

You realize they do have those records and when a felon's license plate is ran it will trace to their name and the cop will have that information. Your CCW is public information.

4. Bull

A ccw should not be public information... Period. My badly stayed point being, they seem to have more information on law abiding citizens, than they do criminals.... As if we were the people who need to have an eye kept on us. I know your point will be that it's a police safety issue... But I still feel like the old "the man who gives up freedom for security, deserves neither" statement is true.

5. geekandwife

All the rest of the permits and licenses you get are public information, why should a CCW or CCDW license/permit be any different?

6. Bull

Why does it need to? If it's an infringement on a constitutionally protected right, why?

7. geekandwife

You know I don't see anywhere the right to carry a firearm concealed without anyone knowing about it ever listed in the constitution.

8. Bull

im still doing a crappy job of stating my opinion, but your being kinda nitpickish about it..... There is no reason for whether or not im a ccw holder to come up as my license plate is run...... that's a BS intrusion into my private affairs. Now you may feel fine with it, but I don't, and I damn well know most people here don't. You honestly don't see the ridiculousness of not making people show ID to vote, but you have to know if I have a ccw permit when my plate is being run? Come on Geek.....

9. rickm

rickm Member

We dont have that here but what i wouldnt like about is say Bob has a ccw and he loans me his car to run a errand and i get pulled over and dont have a ccw but the LE still treats me as having one even thou i tell him i dont it his word against mine till he gets up to me and sees my license and sees im not the registored owner of the car. I dont think it should show on a vehicule regitration on a drivers license yeah i can see but not on the vehicule.

10. When plates are run they should have information as to citizen or non citizen, sexual preference, and religion. Especially if the driver is atheist.

Sound fair Geek?

11. geekandwife

Its 100% about protection for the officer. Why should the officers not have the most information available to them when making a stop?

12. geekandwife

None of those put the officer at any greater risk.

13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

It is in Florida.
    Not sure if a LEO can access the info but it's not public info.
    Yeah Florida !

14. Bull

id forgotten that police aren't supposed to ask if you're and illegal alien in some places.....

15. geekandwife

I should have said non protected.

16. Bull

yes they do..... an illegal alien is already breaking the law, so therefore is more dangerous to a officer than I am as a legal, background check passing law abiding citizen....

17. Bull

well you just contradicted your other statement about religion, sexual preference, and citizen status..... if its all about the most info available to them...... Or are you just being contrary?

18. geekandwife

That information would not increase officer safety and the government does not already have that information. Any information the government has about someone that would increase officer safety should be available to them.

As far as your statement about an illegal alien, they cannot register a vehicle so how would they have the information to tag they are illegal.

19. Back2School

Back2School Member

well if we are talking about making constitutional rights public knowledge, simply due to safety issues, maybe everyone's vote should be public. You know publish a list of everyone who voted how they voted, where they voted etc.

Its all about the safety of the nation...

/sarcasm off

20. Bull

How do they drive the cars they have licenses to drive then? You keep up with your Marxist dream of the govt controlling every facet of your life, and knowing everything you do..... I don't want it........Most intelligent people don't... But you go ahead.