First range trip with the Camo Monkey Gun

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by madmanjustice, Apr 18, 2014.

1. madmanjustice

madmanjustice SCAR Owner...sorta Member

Got off work early today and decided to go to the range and take the Camo 995 monkey gun since I have not taken it out since I put it together. It is a stock 995 without LRHO, that I transferred into the camo stock (acquired from a member here) It has a 2x Truglo red dot scope and the BeamShot Laser (did not use laser, it was too bright and sunny outside)

[​IMG]

I had stopped by Academy after work and scored 100rds of 22lr (LOL) and picked up 3 boxes of Monarch steel 9mm which is what I used at the range. At first it was shooting very high at 50 yrds, but I managed to get it dialed in much better. I do not have a real steady hand so I don't shoot tiny groups. But a person sized target at 50 yards is still going to be in trouble. :D:D

Here is the last half of a box of shells at 50 yards
    [​IMG]

Guy next to me was shooting two really nice 22 target rifles. We were talking and he asked what was in my other case (I had not gotten the 995 out yet) and I told him it was a Hi Point carbine. He has said that he had shot a friends and was surprised how accurate it was. The I pulled mine out and he looked at it kinda funny and said "That's a Hi Point? That's cool looking!" so I explained that it was probably an older model than the one he had shot.

Overall the 995 ran flawless. Now I need to take it to my local indoor range and dial in the laser and it will be setup for home defense.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I took my Camo 4095 out a few weeks ago with the red dot scope, ran flawlessly. It was spot on. I usually don't have good luck with red dots, but not this time!

Attached Files:

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Oh man. You are killing me here.:(

NMI...Not Much Info!

4. madmanjustice

madmanjustice SCAR Owner...sorta Member

Here is what I know about his 22's. Once was a CZ, the other was a 10-22. Both had bull barrels (black on the 10-22, stainless on the CZ) and both were fitted with aftermarket stocks, nice looking scopes and bipods. The CZ was bolt action IIRC.

He also had a nice spotting scope that he let me borrow while I was sighting in the 995.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    CZ 452 Style, I would think.

[​IMG]

6. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Cool man I get to shoot mine pretty soon for the first time too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum