First they take your guns.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robertl1, May 28, 2014.

1. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    After that they'll ban pointy sticks.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Some time ago, maybe even 15-20 years ago they changed the type of glass used for these famous pint glasses as too many got cut in pub fights.
    But you'll see that in a country with essentially a gun ban knife attacks increase.
    Same as in China were they manage a 'terrorist attack' with foot long knives in train stations.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack

I believe at some point in time surgeons in this country spoke out against the black Talon bullet.

3. bws

bws Member

You mean I'll have to get rid of my two handed sword?

4. Sirex

Sirex Member

I think they should work on banning mean words. I mean, those snooty Brits are quite capable of a sharp jab of wit that would bring a grown man to tears. Do you all not watch Top Gear? They are meainies.

5. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

You are aware that that article was posted 9 years ago, right?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWCBOsJr-w[/ame]

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Shhhhhh... You'll roon it.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    "The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.
    They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen. None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed."

Yeah, sure. But I worked in restaurants too, and when I'm working with my knife, I don't want to shift tools.

Sounds very much like the argument against 10, 20 and higher capacity mags, right? Not much practical use. Next it will be hand held hammers, since we can just use air hammers, and maybe then fire place pokers, we can all just use central heating, right?

"The researchers said a short pointed knife may cause a substantial superficial wound if used in an assault - but is unlikely to penetrate to inner organs."

Tell that to the kid in my school. Three stabs with a 4" folder, and he got a broken upper arm and a punctured lung. Not so superficial after all, you freaking pricks.

These guys are truly despicable with their BS spin and falsehoods that they spout as facts. I hate them. They stand for everything that is wrong with society.

BTW...the fact that it was 9 years ago won't stop the antis from using it. We've known for a decade that...blah blah blah.:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  8. People adapt, ban guns they will use knives, ban knives they will use bricks, or a two by four.

The tool has nothing to do with the intent. Brits should ban bangers, they probably kill most brits, by clogging the arteries.

9. The UK is experiencing a SMALL ground swell of support in returning to a "somewhat" free country.
    "The Ukip leader has said it is party policy for hand guns to be legalised and licensed in the UK despite being banned in the UK for the last 18 years."

UKip is a political party that wants to throw off the current policies in place; they also won a surprising amount of votes in last weeks election.

Sent from my iPad using Hi-Point Forum

10. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

I Goggled the following question:
    Are you allowed to own your own Bow and Arrows in the UK?

One web site reports:
    You can own a bow and arrows but you must have them securely wrapped or bagged when in a public place so they can't be used, as with a gun, and you cannot hunt with a bow anywhere in the UK or in most of Europe.

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    About half the countries in Europe allow bow hunting, but hunting of any type in Europe is totally different from US style hunting.

Most of it is guided only, and the guide often decides shoot or no shoot, not the hunter.. Much of it is also stand huntiing.

12. Howie_Roll

Howie_Roll Member

I do watch top gear..well I did until they mistreated the mini vans. Did you see what they did to the red 03 AWD Astro? I wrote to PETA about that show. People for Ethicial Treatment of Astros.

13. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

You prob ably would have **** your pants if you watched Richard Hamond's Crash Course mini series where he goes to various jobs in the US, learns to do them in a week or two and gets to try his hand at them. When he does his tests, he destroys mini vans.

14. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Last week, I spent a couple of days in the VA getting checked out for some dizziness and balance problems - a couple of CT's ( one with dye), a couple of X-rays, Blood workups, blood thinners in an IV, and observation with heart monitor.

I was surprised to find that the staff had inventoried my wallet, itemizing everything in it, including highlighting that I was an NRA member on the form...

I was pretty PO'd about that.

eldar

15. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Wow...... That's an amazing breach of privacy.

16. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

WTF over, did they give you a reason?

17. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I would talk to a lawyer about that, actually. Invasion of privacy and possible defamation of character, IMO

18. They don't need to give a reason, as it's been in the news for years. It's stead march of big government to tyranny. What happened to him at the VA was to be expected at some point.

But don't worry about it, as their march is about over. How pleasant the change will be is up to those in power now. The can turn this around themselves and keep some power. Or they can resist moving forward and maybe end up like Nicolae Ceaușescu.

19. Sirex

Sirex Member

They did some very informative reporting on my pick for best SHTF car though. Skip to 4:45 to see the best part (to keep it firearms related)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e7R3y-qwZ0[/ame]