Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got to the range today after getting my 995 TS a couple weeks ago. I shot about 50 rounds just to start breaking it in a little. I gotta say, I really like how this gun shoots. The range I went to only goes up to 25 yards but it was very accurate, as far as iron sights go, I like the sights on this carbine, they lined up quickly for me. Recoil was almost non existent. I didn't have any malfunctions and I was using WWB ammo, which some people have said may cause problems.

One question I did have. I remember reading a thread where people have mentioned only inserting magazines when the bolt is closed to protect the firing pin. Because of this I assumed that the 995 TS would not have last round bolt hold open but mine did. So should I close the bolt, load the magazine and then charge it again?

·
Registered
31 Posts
nah. that would be very counter productive of lrho if that was the case. you're fine with shoving a mag up there while its open by the lrho mechanism.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well if that will damage the firing pin mine does not know it. If you are unsure about that don't dry fire it.

Beside if they build something that does that then they will fix it right? (lifetime warranty)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts