Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I have no target piccys. All we were shooting at was those poor bottles and coke cans. Poor things never get a break.
Plus my Impact Seal orange bouncing target. It has .22's and bird shot stuck in it. :p

But anyways, I am very happy with it. Quite the fun. The only thing I noticed was that (like you guys had mentioned, I believe) it was a little kicker, I'm guessing because I was using Brown bear rounds.

Has anyone noted if the Silver Bear ammo seems a lot lighter? Because I'll definitely take that over Brown bear.

I also need to ask about open carrying with the original milsurp holster.

When I turn 18 (This upcoming June) I obviously still will not be able to conceal carry. So I was thinking if I could open carry with this, it would be a lot easier on myself. I just wanted to know about the legality of it. Would it be considered concealed in this holster?
I'm going to ask my local PD if it's legal as well when I turn of age.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
If not legal to cc ,would not attempt open carry.
Lots of choices when it comes to ammo,my lighter smaller PA63 isnt bad at all with Fiocchi 95 grain fmj.
It may be a russian design somewhat altered but not made there and not restricted to russian ammo.Its double stack is not known for bad recoil sort of snappy is all.
My 21 oz pa63 I could shoot 50 rds thru it without much of a problem.The 82 weighs more,recoils even less.
Im not a large guy im 130 lbs,so no big bruiser here.
Basically a 9x18 is slightly more powerfull 380 or 9x17 by about 40-50 fpe or even less if lower powered ammo is used.The grips tend to pack it all in one place,web of hand,but still quite manageable.
CZ 83 is available for more money in 380 or 9x17,from a shooting standpoint 9x18 is cheaper,slightly more powerfull.But its not a harsh round to fire from a cz82.
It gained most of its rep from the russians supplying one round for all weapons of same caliber,sub machine guns use hotter thus recoil from a handgun in +P+ equal in 7.62x25,9x18 or even 32acp.What they used in a vz61 32 acp would make the average plastic cc piece into a virtual hand grenade,yet used in the steel 32 acp of the day.Also why a cz50,or 70 has such a hard trigger pull that ammo has hard primers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts