Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

First Time Hi-Point Owner - Long Time Gun Owner

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  moona11 
#1 ·
Hello,
My name is Chris and I'm a firearms instructor in Minnesota, I mostly do permit to carry classes (or concealed carry classes depending on the state). :)

I've own guns of some type or another most of my life, mostly a shotgun guy but love my handguns and rifles as well. My last interest brought me to Hi-Point, I wanted a fun, reliable, and accurate rifle but didn't really want to add another caliber to stock up on, enter the 995TS 9mm carbine.

Very happy with this rifle choice so far and have already ordered a Fab Defense PTK angled foregrip for it, I'm hoping the storage compartment inside is large enough to hold the Hi-Point Tool.

Anyway, that's what brought me here - I figured I better sign up if I was going to be reading as much info as I have been this week.

Still searching for the best setup to co-witness a red dot with the factory irons.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from MO..... There's a few guys here who have done the co-witness thing, I'm sure you'll get a few options posted soon!

#4 ·
Uff Da!

Welcome, from a fellow Minnesotan. Always glad to see another happy Hi-Point customer. I bought a C9 in November, 2012 and love it! At that time, my only other firearm was a Mosin Nagant rifle with a broken sear spring. (Since replaced/fixed with a surplus part from Liberty Tree Collectors) I was looking for a new handgun and my only other option, price wise, was a Cobra FS380. I prefer 9mm Luger and couldn't be happier with the C9 - 392 rounds of fmj fired for 3 double-feed and 3 fail-to-feed minor malfunctions. Have done no tweaking or polishing, just spray clean with Rem Oil after each shooting session. Hi-Point makes a good product at an affordable price, along with an outstanding warranty. Happy shooting! :D

#7 ·
Welcome from SE Ohio ! I used a BSA Red Dot I got from MOM that I ordered from the Hi-Point website co-witnessed on my 4595TS and it works with the stock sights very well !! (YMMV) !!

#8 ·
Welcome Chris...you will find a lot of knowledgeable people here and not only on HP :D

#9 ·
Welcome from Kansas!. I may not be knowledgeable but that doesn't stop me from having an opinion!

:p

#13 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm new too... I'm going to attempt to Hack up my 995ts in the next month. The price of these carbines is great! I'm currently aquiring parts. Hope to post in the Mod pics forum soon.

FN Fs2000
Sig P290 22 & 45 rails
HP 995ts
Dan Wesson 357
Rossi 38
Ruger 1022
WASR10 AK47
Berretta 25 auto
Rem 870 slug
Rem 1100
Winchester Diamond Grade 12g
Tec 22 scorpion
A mad wife

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.