First time Hi-Point owner

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by ddaratt, Nov 27, 2014.

1. ddaratt

ddaratt Member

Hello everyone and happy thanksgiving. I bought my first Hi Point C9 last Saturday. So far I'm loving the gun and it shoots damn good and true. I ran around 100 rounds through it over the last couple of days and didn't have any issues at all. I plan on going through another 150-200 rounds today. I'll update with any problems.
    Have a great Turkey day and God bless.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

ah, How long before you start looking for your 2nd HP?
    You've been warned!!!

3. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Welcome from Texas.
    I was only going to get a JHP to test with 230 grain FMJ.
    Now up to two JHP's and a C9.
    :(

And that is not counting the drill press with the table vise to convert it to a milling machine for the other project JHP.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  4. ddaratt

ddaratt Member

I've already actually started looking for another one. The wife likes mine and wants one so I'll prob have another HP by this weekend

5. ddaratt

ddaratt Member

Update

Just took her out and ran 126 rounds through. Not a single problem. I just like this gun more and more everyday. I'm glad I didn't listen to all the haters out there telling me not to buy it.

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome from MO, and glad you're happy with it.... I started out with a C9, then got the JCP .40..... Love em both.

7. I started with a 995ts, then a C9. Now I have a JHP and want a CF380. It's funny that I'm not interested in the JCP at all.

8. When I was looking for my first new gun, (handgun), my options were limited due to cost. It came down to Cobra, Phoenix, Heritage and Hi-Point. I really wanted a 9mm for home defense, and that pretty much left only Hi-Point (the Cobra Patriot 9 was another $100+). I did some internet research, and was impressed with Hi-Point customer satisfaction and the warranty, not to mention the low price. Bought my C9 in November 2012 and now have 484 rounds fired for 8 minor stoppages. All of that was fmj, but bought my first box of Hornady XTP 115 grain from Freedom Munitions on Black Friday - got a good price too. Happy shooting! :D

9. jcwit

jcwit Member

Way to many people out there in consumer land think value is only based on the price of the product.

They go only on the adage of "you get what you pay for".

While true many times, it is a blanket statement, and as usual with blanket statements they rarely hold water. It only takes one exception to disprove that statement, and IMO Hi Point is one of those exceptions.

Another exception is the SCCY CPX 1 or 2, both are lower priced pistols made for carrying, and both perform excellent.

10. Spotcat

Spotcat Member

Welcome from Virginia! C9 & JHP

11. RandomBlackGuy

RandomBlackGuy Member

Welcome my friend

Sent from my Hi-Point using iPhone

12. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

That is the cool thing about Hipoints. It's almost a magical thing when you can buy a GOOD pistol, without draining your bank account!

13. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

Get the JHP

Get the JHP. You won't look back. Mine is reliable to a fault and is scary accurate. Like it aims itself.

14. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome from the great southwest. Now you guys are making me want to get a hp pistol!
    I traded my s&w 9mm pistol and I still have the XdM.45. I might just have to go with the JCP. Then i'll have to get a 4095ts... and then...and then...and then...

15. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

YEP, that's how it ALL starts!!!

Attached Files: