Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new .40 out today and ran 100 rounds through it. It operated flawlessly with two exception. I reloaded after firing and when I taped the clip in the slide came forward and chambered the round with out me releasing it. That only happened once and I'm not sure why. I even tried it at home with dummy rounds and tapped on the bottom of the clip several times and could not get it to happen again. The other is my clip is really tight with 10 rounds in it and I don't think I had the last one in there all the way. So when I put the clip in it would not chamber the round. I'm sure that was my fault. Once I took it out and pushed it down in the clip and let it pop back up it went in fine.

Anyway here is a picture of my target. This is only the 3rd time I have ever shot a pistol and the first 2 were not even serous attempts at hitting something. So that said I am fairly happy with my shots. I missed the target twice. I'm thinking that was at the end of the clip because I just started a more rapid fire and was not aiming as well. I was 23 yards away from the target.

I had a box of American Eagle 180 grain and a box of Winchester 180 grain.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
23 yards is a pretty good distance. Good shooting for that distance for sure.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just saw there is a forum for range results. If the moderator would like to move this post you are more than welcome to.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I've been meaning to get myself a .40, too... How'd you like it for recoil? And is it terribly bulky?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a little bulky compared to the 9mm or some other 45s. However I think the weight probably helps with the recoil. I don't think that is bad at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts