Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my new .40 out for the first time today, got about a hundred rounds through it. I fired a box of remington 180 gr with no problem but when I switched to Blazer 165 gr aluminum I started geting some nose ups, so I switched to blazer 180 gr brass and about every 5th round was a nose up. Unfortunately it started to rain before I could switch back to remington. Has anyone else had problems with blazer brass? I kind of expected the aluminum to be tempermental.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was having problems with nose up FTF on both my 8 and 10 round mags, so I called the tech department. If you look at the front top of your mag there are two little ears and they said to bend these in just a little. Once bent, it should take some force to push a bullet through this opening. It fixed my problem. It appears that if these ears are to far apart then the bullet will rise up to fast, miss the chamber and end up nose up.

Take a look at the picture in this post - http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,18066.0.html - about half way down. The ears that I am talking about are in the upper right corner of the mag in the picture.

·
Registered
5 Posts
have a new .45 and was using blazer brass and had the same exact issue. I would get nose ups every so often. I did bend my ears on my mags like suggested but also switched ammo. i shot a full mag then again with like 7 rounds with no problems. I cant say if it was the ammo or the bending of the ears on the mag but was able to get 16 rounds fired with no problems. I will test my other mags when i get more ammo ;) saving my 9 i have left for the mag that is working good now lol

(Would It Being New With Less Than 100 Rounds Thru This Be The Issue?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.