Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only had 30 minutes to shoot as much as I could. With Strkyer1 loading my mags as I ran rounds through the gun, I think I ran at least 200 rounds through it. Here are some pics, but i didn't even try to sight in the gun, I just wanted to throw some lead. All the bullets shot were my own cast LRN. I brought 900 rounds to the range with me, but didn't have enough time to shoot them all. I did all the shooting fast, as I didn't have time to waste. I did dump some mags on the steel gong at 50 yards and it was awesome to hear the GONG!

Anyway, on with the pics.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Damn! 200rds in 30 minutes! That a hell of a lot of trigger pulling. Glad you got to throw some lead with your new friend.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it was more than 200 rounds, but I don't know for sure. I was busy pulling the trigger while Stryker1 was loading mags.

·
Registered
85 Posts
looks like good shooting to me. is stryker's thumbs sore,,,lol :D

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, he was using the Uplula Mag Loader... We both have one and they are AWESOME! Really saves time and fatigue on the thumb.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next time I go I'm gonna really put that thing through the paces. Zero it in completely, then just go to town kinda IPSC/IDPA type shooting. Hopefully I'll have a 3 point sling for it by then, I'm gonna try my hand at making one later this week. That way, I can do some carbine/pistol 2 gun stuff and maybe start doing some action shooting. Regardless, this first range trip was a hell of a lot of fun even for 30 minutes.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Excellent shooting!!! 30 minutes is never enough time :p Glad to hear the 995 has found a good home where the new owner can feed it quite often :D

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trust me, this one isn't leaving my sight EVER again. With the fiasco of the last deal, if I ever need to send it back to Beemiller, it's going back to them through an FFL.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had 1 Fail to Feed in all the rounds I fired that day, and that one was my fault. I didn't push the round all the way into the back of the mag so it nosed up when it stripped off the top of the mag.

Thanks for the compliment wickedwd5000. :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I had 1 Fail to Feed in all the rounds I fired that day, and that one was my fault. I didn't push the round all the way into the back of the mag so it nosed up when it stripped off the top of the mag.

Thanks for the compliment wickedwd5000. :)
gotta give credit where credit is due, LOL.

btw, i noticed the cowbell sig line.....you play the drums?

"i wake up in the morning and put my pants on one leg at a time just like. you. except after i put my pants on i go out and make gold records." - Bruce Dickenson"

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, actually I play guitar, but that skit is my absolute favorite SNL skit of all time. A while back Strangerous posted up the youtube link to it and that post alone turned into a 5 page discussion. Now, every time I need a pick 'em up, I watch that skit and it puts a smile on my face. Funny thing, that's the ONLY skit that I'll watch with Will Ferrell in it. Besides the More Cowbell, Will Ferrell SUCKS.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
dude, you just have to be in the right mindset to watch will ferrel. with him, its hit or miss.....total crap, or hilarity ensues, LOL. like the movie stepbrothers would have been a great 1/2 or full hour show, but as a movie it started wearing on me...... "just let the dirt raaaain down upon you".....classic.

im a drummer/lazy guitar player...... if you cant play it with power chords, i dont need to learn it, LOL. seems like musicians love the cowbell skits...... figured you had to play something to fully appreciate "the bruce dickenson", LOL

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nah, I am a big fan of Christopher Walken as well. He's a great actor, and made that skit 1,000,000 X better because of his presence.

·
Registered
928 Posts
lol I think you might have killed that target 8) Looks like you may have a potential nail driver there!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Adam, I still haven't had a chance to properly sight it in. Hopefully, I'll get that chance either this coming week or next weekend.

Wicked, I haven't seen pool hall junkies... Good movie?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts