Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Curmudgeon First Class
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having the 995TS for about 2 weeks, I *finally* got a chance to take it out to the range. First of all, I tell you that I modded it with a ESSLNB RGD, the HP front grip, and the ammo stock clips. I also laser bore sighted it with a Tacticon cartridge-type laser bore sight. I'll also be putting a KAK flash suppressor on it (if it ever gets here!).

So, I took it out to Kentucky Gun Co. in Bardstown, KY, and fired the first 5 rounds. Just a TAD high, so I clicked it in and put it right on the money with a REALLY nice group. Everything after was just for fun and right where I aimed in nice groups.

The range master said they get rave reviews on the 995. And, after all I've read and seen I can see why.

·
Registered
108 Posts
After having the 995TS for about 2 weeks, I *finally* got a chance to take it out to the range. First of all, I tell you that I modded it with a ESSLNB RGD, the HP front grip, and the ammo stock clips. I also laser bore sighted it with a Tacticon cartridge-type laser bore sight. I'll also be putting a KAK flash suppressor on it (if it ever gets here!).

So, I took it out to Kentucky Gun Co. in Bardstown, KY, and fired the first 5 rounds. Just a TAD high, so I clicked it in and put it right on the money with a REALLY nice group. Everything after was just for fun and right where I aimed in nice groups.

The range master said they get rave reviews on the 995. And, after all I've read and seen I can see why.
Congratulations! How about a picture? Here is mine.

Green Air gun Machine gun Wood Table

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts

Congratulations! The 995 is a gem.

·
Curmudgeon First Class
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats, 995 is an awesome gun!
Yes, it certainly is! I'm finding that out more and more. I've been to the range 4 times now and it has NEVER malfunctioned. The range masters have nothing but praise for it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes, it certainly is! I'm finding that out more and more. I've been to the range 4 times now and it has NEVER malfunctioned. The range masters have nothing but praise for it.
If you like it as much as I love mine you'll find it makes every range trip and gets used the most.
My complaint is it eats too much ammo and buying extra mags only exasperated that issue!
My only regret is I didn't buy it years ago when I first started thinking about it!

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
I thought I wanted a 4595 as my first carbine. A local FFL guy selling out of his house only had a 4095 left. I bought it as I had a Glock23. Then I bought a used 995TS That is a real fun gun!

Reactions: CowboyBob

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Now if you can just find decent priced 9 millimeter Luger ammo. All the 9 millimeter ammo around I can find locally is a ridiculous price. I saw some listed recently on the Internet for $29.50 per fifty rounds. Last time I bought some it was about $13 per fifty rounds.

Reactions: CowboyBob

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
It's crazy! The prices and availability of ammo is worse now than i have ever seen it. Thankfully I had been buying all this time so I feel like I am fairly stocked up with most calibers. 9mm seems to be the hardest to find right now, at least inexpensive 9mm. Sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
It's crazy! The prices and availability of ammo is worse now than i have ever seen it. Thankfully I had been buying all this time so I feel like I am fairly stocked up with most calibers. 9mm seems to be the hardest to find right now, at least inexpensive 9mm. Sucks.
Like you, I have always picked up a couple boxes a week of many calibers I own, and have done it for years. It adds up, and then you just get to sit back and watch all the other fools "panic buy"....then you smile. ;)

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
Like you, I have always picked up a couple boxes a week of many calibers I own, and have done it for years. It adds up, and then you just get to sit back and watch all the other fools "panic buy"....then you smile. ;)
Right now a box of 9 is crazy high. Supply is almost nonexistent.

Shoot 1, buy 2 more was a great mantra.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts