First time out with the C9

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by gregj, Apr 18, 2008.

1. gregj

gregj Member

It was a georgeous afternoon, so I thought I'd bug outa work a little early, and come home and try out my new C9. I picked it up at the gun show last weekend and this is the first chance I've had to try it out.

I kept both the 8 and 10 round mags filled since I brought it home, to break them in. I shot about 50 rounds though it, and my son shot about 24 rounds, and she didnt jam or misfeed once. :D What a nice shooting little gun.

We live on 10 acres, the backyard slopes up and makes a nice backstop, behind that are woods. I set the target about 10 yards out from the back porch. The first pic is of my shooting "station".

[​IMG]

Another view of the setup.

[​IMG]

This is after the first 50 rounds. The rounds in the center black rings was standing with a dual grip. The small dot in the upper right was 1st attempt at shooting using the railing as a rest. Dot in upper left was second attempt, lower left was third attempt, lower right was fourth attempt, each dot 5 rounds in the 8 round mag was used. Noticeable improvement each time. Just need more practice.
    [​IMG]

This is my youngest son (13 yrs old), he was upset I got started without him. As soon as his mother brought him home from school he was on the back deck with me looking for the ear muffs and wanting a turn.
    [​IMG]

Here's his target, he shot about 24 rounds, not too shabby. Zombies beware. :D
    [​IMG]

We're gonna try and make it to the range tomorrow, and break in the little HP some more. :D

2. Very nice! Sounds like a great day! Man 0 man I wish I could shoot in my backyard.... :|