First time out...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Ridge, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Ridge

Ridge Member

...with my shiny new AR :)

Well it was in the low 60s today with a high of 24 tomorrow, so I spent a couple hours at the range...here are some vids of me shooting my AR for the first time:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I put 190 rounds downrange today, and had only one issue where a fired round failed to eject and was then jammed in the barrel by bullets attempting to chamber behind it...

I also got to fire off 10rds from the bad guy gun :)
    [​IMG]

2. Ari

Ari Guest

60 in Colorado? Man you will not have any water left come august ... Looks like a good time shooting.

3. Ridge

Ridge Member

Well I'll tell you the reservoir where the range is at was a complete sheet of ice, and this temperature was highly irregular...fact is its been colder than usual the past few months, and lots of people took the day off work and whatnot...range was getting full around 2pm when I left :)

4. Man, I miss Colorado sometimes....

5. elguapo

elguapo Guest

What is the barrel twist on yours, and what grain ammo were you using?

6. That looks like it was FUN! Thanks for sharing the experience with us.

Now to just get me an AR..... :D

7. Ridge

Ridge Member

The twist is 1x9, I was using 55gr ammo, both Black Hills red box and Wolf...

8. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

Lucky. the weather here today was -9 deg with -20 to -30 windchill. Shooting was most defiantly not on the agenda.

SW

9. 190rds down range and I didnt see a single poodle out there.... what gives :)

Gotta love the nice break in cold weather. Lately its rains one day and the next its too windy to shoot. Got a batch of reloads waiting to be tested and I am not gonna waste em with wind gust of 30-45knots!