Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided after 32 years to fianlly step up and go shooting. Never one to do something half way, I'll be getting my CCP, and first handgun all within the next month. Surprisingly, my wife is very supportive of this new found interest, and will be joining me at the classes and the gun shop. In looking around, I have had the opportunity to handle a wide range of handguns, ranging from a .380 to a .50, and I must say that out of them all, I like the size, and heft of the hi-points the best (though there are a couple $600+ guns that felt nice too) I'm a big guy, with big hands, and the hi-points just seem to "fit" Only problem is, I can't seem to find any locally. Everyone that is supposed to have them is sold out, back-ordered, etc. I'm also wondering where in central Ohio has the best range (indoor/outdoor) that's newbie friendly, and has a wide selection of handguns for rent?

Thanks in advance for your time, and I'll be looking forward to seeing the responses!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots to see and learn from the nice folks here. Good luck with your search and your classes. There are alot of members from Ohio here and surely someone can help you locate a Hi-Point somewhere near you. Here in mid-TN there were none in December but I could lay my hands on about 10 right now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been looking at auctionarms as well. I'm kicking myself for not picking up the 45g at the gunshow a couple weeks ago. He had it marked $145, but it was the end of the day.... :'( next time damnit! /shakesfist

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:welcome:

You might want to try the Hipoint website they have a dealer locator or if you know a local FFL holder or gun shop who will do the transfer, gunbroker.com has a good selection. Good luck

Lots to see, do and learn around here and plenty of folks to answer all your hipoint questions. Enjoy :rolleyes2: :thinking: :yes:

But remember

Hipoint the addiction for which there is no cure :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Jet

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol

Yeah, I have an uncle who is trading me shooting lessons for computer work, so I'm really looking forward to getting these 3 comps finished :D Nice thing is, he's teaching me and my wife. Damn, I hope she's not a better shot than me.....

·
Registered
850 Posts
Ohio Valley and New Albany shooting ranges are both pretty nice and have decent rental guns. I know for sure that Ohio Valley has a couple of Hi Points for sale and to rent. Vance's in Columbus usually has all of the Hi Points as well. Vance's is on Cleveland Ave. close to Morse rd. That's my favorite place in town. Get there early though because they've been pretty crazy lately. They have good prices on the HP's as well too. Got my JCP .40 for $120 used and the C9 for $129 new.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
woot, thanks for the info! I haven't had a chance to get up to Vance's yet, been meaning to go, but my schedule has just been super crazy lately.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum from Iowa... enjoy!

Charlie(+25)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts