First time shooting

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by jamespierce1031, Jul 22, 2014.

1. jamespierce1031

jamespierce1031 Member

Shot my 40 jcp for the first time this weekend and it went great. I had watched a lot of YouTube videos and read a lot of reviews on the gun before i bought it much like i do with anything else and i saw that some guys had a hard time getting it to feed correctly straight out of the box and let me tell you i ran 50 rounds split into six mags with the last two holding only five (so i could share the fun with my little brother) and i was thoroughly impressed. Not only did it feed great on all three of the brand new magazines i bought but the action of the handgun wad rather fast. I had my first child born last month and wanted to get a pistol i can keep with my girlfriend so i didst want to spend too much seeing that i had ton of diapers to stockpile. So i did my research took the bad trashtalk along with all the wonder things i heard read and saw from people not too brain dead to try out a pistol before jumping on the hate bandwagon and i am glad i bought this gun.

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome to HPFF! Now all you need is a matching 4095ts. Talk about fun!!

3. X2 The Carbine is must! I am so glad I picked up mine it is blast to shoot.

4. SWO1

SWO1 Member

I bought mine about 18 months ago for my oldest grandson to shoot. Gotta say it ate everything right out of the box we fed it with 0 problems. Win, Rem, FMJ, JHP. And it was accurate also. Had 3 HP mags and they all fed flawlessly. After putting thru about 500 rds he decided he liked the revolvers better so I sold it (for more than I paid for it).

5. RockCreek

RockCreek Member

MN
    Congrats on the new baby and the new gun! Forget what the snobs say, and enjoy the JCP. The best thing about Hi-Points, is that nearly anyone can afford one. If it came down to buying diapers or spending $500 on a pistol, many of us have been in the position where only the diapers would be in the budget.

6. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

This is something the snobs overlook. Not everyone has enough money to buy a Sig or another higher-end pistol. Hi-Point provides the average Joe with dependable firearms they can afford.

7. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

And you can shoot the guts outta em, and Mom will make it brand new for you..... How can you beat that?

8. RobbK

RobbK Member

The snobs usually try to talk folks into a used glock rather than a new Hi Point.

9. supernova

supernova Member

Congrats - I purchased one online yesterday. In less than a week, I should have it at the range.

I called a local shop and they said they had one in stock. They wanted $215, plus tax, and background check (of course) which would have been $240 total

I got my shipped from Cheaper than dirt for $127, $15 background check, Tax and $20 transfer fee grand total $177 -

Normally I try to by local, but saving $63 tip the scales. I had the gun shipped to a different shop. I'd rather him have my $20.