First time to range in 20 years!

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by srb61, Mar 4, 2015.

1. srb61

srb61 Member

lol...back when I could actually still see...anyway. I got my 4095 a little more than a month ago and finally got it to the range! Overall very happy,put 10 of my Hornady Critical Defense down range then another 65 of Aguila 180 grain fmj ...I had 1 FTF at round 45...cleared easily...as far as accuracy, it shoots better than me,considering my ghost sights are ghost like (fuzzy lol) and my red center is a red blur I didn't do to bad,may experiment on bring front sight closer to fill space also(I'm closer to rear sight cause I cut about 4" off of the stock)...anyway I didn't try to zero to perfection as my eyes are limited now,but they'll be good enough for the coming Zombie Apocalypse or a home invasion! [​IMG] The top one is at 25 yards elbow supported on range shelf? ...bottom I flipped top upside down and free stand at 7 yards....also quick question. ...anyone use this Aguila ammo....seems to foul it up pretty good?

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It looks like you still have it! I'm sure that as you keep going you'll learn to work around your "new eyesight" with a red dot or some other tool. I hope that you keep at it, and frequently.

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

There are a few tricks you can use to help. Personally, I've found that the pinhole solution works really well for me. Other options include various kinds of optics, including scopes, red-dots, and holos.

Here's a thread on some of the tricks: http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f277/glasses-307575/index5.html

I've used it, particularly in .22LR, but also in .32ACP and I don't remember what else. Worked fine with no malfunctions. Didn't seem any more "dirty" than anything else, but then again, that doesn't much bother me so I don't really notice.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. not bad shooting. Can defintey tighten up. But you are at a handicap with those glasses. The important thing. Its Minute of Bad guy! Can you post pics of the stock/Gun? My wife is 4'10 and im ordering a 995TS soon. She will never be able to comfortably hold it with the stock the way it comes.

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

You still got it. Don't worry about the ammo if it shoots use it. You still have to clean it anyway.

6. srb61

srb61 Member

Thanx for the feed back everyone!

7. srb61

srb61 Member

Here's that stock Icback it might help your wife...I'm 5'8" but used to lift a lot,so now gave big chest and shoulders with a belly to match,so the full stock was hard to shoulder quickly,this is now a breeze! [​IMG]...I accidentally deleted full view, but you can see stock at least!

8. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Now that's what I like a newbie to the forum with a range report and pictures in hand! Welcome - and thanks for sharing your experience with us!

9. srb61

srb61 Member

lol...thank you!

10. awesome thank you.
    If you dont mind me asking
    did you just hacksaw the stock at that last pillar, then drill new holes for the but pad?

It really doesn't look bad to me at all. Honestly i would probably not notice if i wasn't in to hi-points.

11. srb61

srb61 Member

...hope I'n doing this right...yep...I used mini hack saw and cot as close to that last rib as I could...I had already detached the butt trying something else I'd seen...did more cutting than needed lol,the butt guides( ? ) screw off too....when you cut stock you'll see it's hollow and had natural holes there,but you would benefit from pre-drilling. ...will add pic of end...not finished product yet,as I was advised to put rounds through before relying on it...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Thank you very much it looks like a good set up. And i will probably be using this as a guide when my 995 gets in hand. So this is much aprecaited

13. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    I've used Aguila in .22, 9mm, and .45acp and it ran fine.

Totally agree. Looks good to me, and I doubt I'd have noticed if I wasn't familiar with the carbine. Looks like a great job!

14. srb61

srb61 Member

Thanks guys...

15. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

The only Aguila I use is the 22 and it has been great. Doesn't seem to be any dirtier than other brands. The only mistake I can see in your gun photos is you forgot to have you feet in one of them. You are forgiven as you are new to the forum. ;)

16. srb61

srb61 Member

lol...I almost did on one, but backed that gnarly sucker out!

17. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Have to have the foot. We might have to sic the mole army on you. :)

18. srb61

srb61 Member

lol..ok ok I promise next time!

19. srb61

srb61 Member

Went through the thread Lklawson gave me above,lots of good stuff,opted on a red dot...ordered one on-line not a huge risk at 69 dollars,can't wait to give it a try,saw mixed reviews (a lot like Hi Point) Barskas 2x30 mm

20. srb61

srb61 Member

Pic with feet the day of install lol